Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Invisible Chair

Remember this post about our little trip to Hong Kong and the invisible chair? Well, this is the chair we were sitting on. Turned to its side it is a thin strip of metal, only about a centimeter thick. Easily hidden. Erin spotted these cool chairs and just had to take a seat to try it out. I immediately noticed it appeared she was sitting on thin air, so I grabbed her camera. We proceeded to take turns and laugh hysterically for the next 15 minutes at how sneaky and ingenious we were. Then we had another good laugh as we showed our husbands the pictures and they were all stumped and upset that they couldn't figure out how we had done it! Good times. Thanks all for humoring me further with your guesses!

And the winner goes to.......
SHANNON

Although there were no absolutely correct guesses, Shannon had the closest answer and was the most descriptive. She was also right in saying there was a bar that runs up from the ground that the seat is attached to. Cody thinks I'm being too particular saying it is not a little seat, but to be precise, it is not. It is not little/tiny as it is in fact a full-sized chair. We just positioned the chair and ourselves in such a way that it couldn't be seen in the pictures.

Congratulations, Shannon! You may claim your prize by e-mailing your mailing address to me. Be excited! You will receive your package soon!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Woot woo! I AM excited! :) I can't believe how big that chair is. I mean, I could see the base of it in a couple of the pictures, but I thought it would be like a bar stool type size. That's crazy. How fun! I can't wait for my prize - stuff from Taiwan is always the best.
P.s. We bust out those placemats and chopsticks every Friday night. We go to the local dive "Dragon Star" every. Single. Friday. I'm addicted. And of course your lovely thoughtful gift gets used every time. Simply beautiful. Thanks again!

D.Suth. said...

do you have a side view of it?

I still don't like looking at those pictures and not being able to see the chairs. Since you know how it was, does it look obvious to YOU that you're sitting on a chair?