Then we were privileged to hear Janice Kapp Perry speak at a fireside at our church building that night. One of my favorite parts was when she sang her family song. Cutest song ever! Click here and here to listen to a sample of it (click play button on "Perry Family Song"). In addition to all that, my dear friend, Amy, did an entire blog post for me!! Really made my day. It turned out to be a great birthday considering the circumstances!
As for my make-up party, we decided to leave the kiddo home and make it a date night. We opted for an American dinner at T.G.I. Fridays (can you say RIBS!!?? mmmmm... yummy) and Häagen-Dazs. I was a touch disappointed they didn't have the fondue at that location, but Cody ensured me we would get it another day, and I was pretty okay with the runner-up substitute birthday cake.
Even though Cody wasn't too interested in seeing Alice in Wonderland, he indulged me by watching it anyway. I really, really wanted to see it ever since I heard it was being made. I do have to admit, however, that I was a bit confused, and a tad disappointed as I was watching the movie. I wasn't sure what was happening and I couldn't remember the Disney cartoon being that way at all. Then maybe half way through (okay, maybe more--I'm a little bit blond sometimes), I realized it was the sequel to the original story. I'm actually still a little disappointed about that. Cody thought it was pretty funny that I had no clue what I was really going to see, especially being as excited as I was. I didn't read up on it or watch many previews because I didn't want any spoilers!! Regardless, the movie was still pretty good (and I always love a date night with the husband), and we watched it in 3-D, so we of course had to get pics in the glasses.
With the flash giving us away, we were promptly reprimanded by the Chinese high school student manning the theater. Glad I snuck a couple shots in before he could get to us! Jokes on you, Boy!
6 comments:
Sounds like my kind of bithday! The kind you get to drag out and celebrate twice!!!
Happy late Birthday! I must've missed it on FB. So glad it was made special.
I've been wanting to see Alice in Wonderland SO BADLY!! We just haven't been able to yet. I'm glad to know it's a sequel or I'd be confused like you.
BTW, your pencil skirt outfit...way too cute. LOVE IT!
Ya ya ya! I love that you got an extended birthday! Woot woo! And that you had such a MOIST cake (for lack of a better term). :) Ha ha ha. I'm assuming that was just for me? No? I also laughed at the fact that you were so confused in that movie. It kinda broke my heart and made me grin all at the same time. I love love love that movie. I've seen it twice and can't get enough of Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen. I thought she was awesome. Anyway, back to you. Happy happy birthday Coley dear! Happy days will come to you all year! If I had a wish then it would be a happy happy birthday to you from me! Love you tons and bunches. Skype this week?
P.s. Darcy is right. That pencil skirt is rockin. I'm so jealous.
Happy late Birthday Nicole!! I'm glad you were taken care of and had a great time. I love the pictures of you guys with the glasses. Way to be a rebel and take some illegal pictures. :) You look great!
Happy Birthday! You have the cutest outfits!! I love them!
Post a Comment