=
I've had an itch do some more sewing, but have pretty much been too lazy to make the journey to the fabric market. Thus I dug out what I had left of the above fabric after the above project.
I noticed a short tutorial on smocking in the instruction manual that came with my sewing machine. I figured, hey, why not give that a try? It took a couple tries to get the skirt right, but in the end, it was a good learning experience. And you can't beat the price of free for a new skirt! (Gotta love those chubby knees/thighs sticking out the bottom!)
The only problem is with the limited amount of fabric and the puffiness of the skirt, the skirt is a tad short and tends to show the diaper at times.
We opted to throw on some leggings before going out to play. Guess we'll have to go find some that match better in the market some time.
Trying to figure out where the beetle went.
Squishing in with the new friend she made. I think Jadyn is a little more excited about it than the friend.
9 comments:
You did a great job! You are good!!! :)
Teach me how to sew! You are so good at this.
You are so talented! Both of those skirts are adorable!
Its super cute, Nicole. You are so creative as always!
Wow Nicole, you are so talented, it amazes me! That skirt turned out darling, great job.
Your smocking turned out great! I've wanted to try it, but think I'll just make a big mess and waste fabric. Good job!!!
Great job. She looks like a little model. Love the hair flower. Lily refuses to wear hair flowers, headbands, bracelets etc. I've been so bummed about it.
How nice to be able to have the talent to take nothing and make something! It is so darling!
So cute - I wish my waste not want not saying dealt with material instead of food!!
Post a Comment