Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Heart Pandas

For playgroup last week we went to the Taipei zoo. That zoo is amazing. It is so beautiful; it seems all they really had to do is put up a few fences and stick in a few animals as the incredible rain forest foliage was already found naturally at the zoo's location.




The first attraction we stopped at was the butterfly house. We didn't see this our last time at the zoo. I thought it was so cool. There were SO many butterflies just flying around us. My friend Leone's son, Evan, even got a couple to sit on his hand.






By far my favorite animal at the zoo was the panda! I have LOVED pandas ever since I was little. I even collected stuffed ones for a little while, starting with a big one I received for Christmas one year (he was my favorite, and my sleeping companion for awhile). I didn't realize how much I still love them until we saw them again last week.

As I said before, seeing the pandas was a life-long dream fulfilled! There weren't as many people as last time, so we didn't have to rush through as fast. AND the pandas were actually out front and center. One was even sitting there chewing on bamboo! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. IT WAS AMAZING. I felt so happy, fulfilled, and giddy! Oh, my goodness, I just wanted to stay in the panda house all day and watch them (that and it was air conditioned). Too bad for us the ushers were still there hurrying people through (as you will see in the video below). It was so, SO cool though!



The tigers also put on a pretty good show for us. To see more pictures of our trip to the zoo, CLICK HERE (then scroll down).

6 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Yay!! I'm so glad that you were finally able to see a real panda! He is really cute, too bad that you got bowled over and had to keep moving! I felt the same way when we went to the farm this spring and saw the new born piglets. I totally thought I had grown out of that phase, but I wanted to jump over the gate and stick them all in my stroller and run! They were so stinking cute!!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Love your new apartment! Great decor! Fun pandas too!

Shannon said...

Nicole, I'm glad you got some fun pictures and videos of the panda, but geez! Keep it moving please!

Tammy said...

Those pandas are beautiful. Wow! What an exciting trip to the zoo.

simmons said...

Hey my friend! I could just kick myself as I saw you called! I hope you call again soon! I have to tend Ann's kids tomorrow afternoon until around 2:00! I hope I can catch you!

Kelli said...

That would be awesome to see pandas! I love the zoo. So, Tyler has me wondering if the normal "US" zoo animals are also at the zoo in China...like are there giraffes and zebras, or just cool exotic animals like pandas?