Saturday, August 25, 2012

Land and Sea Animals

During our stay in Utah we were able to hit both the aquarium (with my mom) and zoo (with my in-laws).

The aquarium is in Sandy, so I was trying to imagine where it was located.  When we drove up to the building, I immediately thought it looked like a grocery store.  I asked the ticket person about it when we got inside.  Sure enough, they had converted a grocery store and adjoining shop(s) into the aquarium.  Though it was quite small, I still thought it was really neat that someone had the vision to open an aquarium in Utah.  It even had animals from Utah in some of the exhibits—I thought that was great they had some Utah roots on display!

DSC02376 DSC02378

DSC02380 DSC02384

DSC02394

Ridge enjoyed getting up close to the exhibits.  He was really excited about the animals—or maybe just standing—and liked to bang on the glass.  So much for “do not tap on the glass!”

DSC02399 DSC02389DSC02401

As for Hogle Zoo, we have been there lots of times, but it is a must for the kiddos, right?! 

IMG_0883 DSC02423

The zoo has improved the elephant display quite a bit, and the new polar bear, sea lions, and otters exhibits are super fun. 

DSC02412 DSC02416

DSC02433

DSC02429 DSC02438

My kids have such awesome grandparents to take them to do so many fun things!!  They really get spoiled when we visit Utah.

No comments: