Monday, October 24, 2011

Birthdays Galore

October seems to be the month for birthdays! First off, some very exciting news: my sister, Charise, had her beautiful baby girl, Makayla, on October 10th. Check out how adorable she is!She was about four weeks early and weighed in at 4 lbs. 15 oz.!! (Both mom and dad are big time volleyball players.) Love this picture!Their little family had a long week but are all home now and doing well.

Friday was Cody's 29th birthday (how are we that old?). We decided it was our last chance to go on a date for awhile, so we tried an Indian restaurant near his work. I found a new favorite dish: Paneer Kadai. Wow. I even liked it better than the butter chicken! Has anyone had it before? The next day, a friend, who also has a three year old girl, asked me how our date was. I told her it was nice to have conversation without being interrupted. She replied, "Yah, Jadyn talks a lot, doesn't she." I suppose she does. I guess I just figured all three year olds talk a lot?

Saturday morning I left early to attend our Relief Society Super Saturday.
I made a Christmas countdown book that I am way excited about. Then I had to leave early to meet up with Cody and Jadyn at Titan's pirate birthday party. Titan's mama is the queen of vinyl stencils! The party was SO cute, I just had to get a few pictures.

This was the door as we entered their apartment.
Pin the parrot on the pirate.
Titan blowing out his candles on his treasure chest birthday cake. He is the cutest and sweetest boy!Yesterday Jadyn told me she wants a pirate party for her birthday too. Understandably. His party really was that cute.

After rushing home on a minibus and the MTR, we dropped everything off, picked up the next present, and rushed out the door to Lana's party at Kiddy Village.Turns out this fun indoor play place is only two MTR stops down from us. I had no idea it was even there! It would have been nice to know--oh, about a month or two ago--when we were feeling trapped inside because of the awful summer weather!When we got back home, I quickly fixed dinner and we started Daddy's party. Jade was sad when I told her we were going on a date the day before. She said, "but I want to be at Daddy's birthday party!" I told her not to worry because we would have his party on Saturday. She was okay with it; she was pretty excited about three birthday parties all in one day.

The gift bag Jade decorated for Cody.It is tradition to make a Halloween themed cake for Cody. He loves them (and you know I do)! I showed it to him on Friday after our date; it made me so happy to see him get so excited over it. I guess we still have some little kid left in us--no matter how old we are getting. Betsey gave me a great chocolate cake recipe to try. It is moist, fluffy, delicious, and super easy to make (and one of the best things about making cake from scratch is I can half the recipe so we don't eat so much!). I used this frosting and this frosting. Not the best for decorating I discovered, but they taste good. I realized it has been about a year and a half since I decorated a cake, so please don't judge all the imperfections. I HATE when cake tastes like candle wax, so I asked Cody, "Are we going to put all 29 candles on?" He said no, so I asked him how many we should do. Off the top of his head, he replied with "two," so that is how many Jadyn put in. Lastly, Jadyn singing to her Daddy:

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Wow, so many fun parties!! Love them all!

D.Suth. said...

you have such fun ideas.
can't wait to see the new baby. do you have a name picked out?
good luck w/the delivery.

Shannon said...

I saw the picture of your sister's baby and I totally almost started crying. I was like "WHAT??? She had her baby and didn't tell me????" I'm glad my feelings weren't hurt for long, but you better freaking tell me when you have him!

Jim and Kensley said...

I kind of had the same reaction that Shannon had!! I haven't talked to you in f o r e v e r so I was worried! I think Titan should be Jadyn's boyfriend, he's adorable! and his party=amazing. Does she have a cricut or whatever? How does she make her cute vinyls?! I'm slightly obsessed with vinyls. I can't believe how old my family is getting. 29? Mercy!! and your cake is simply perfection, duh. I think it's so cute! Come home, lets bake. Oh and play with your babIES!!!!