I'm certain I would have completely forgotten about St. Patrick's Day if it weren't for a blog that mentioned it last week. Immediately I started wondering what I should do, if anything at all. A couple weeks ago out of the blue Jadyn told me, "I want to wear my Tinker Bell dress." My reply: "You don't have a Tinker Bell dress." I had actually been wanting to make her a dress up, but I was lacking in inspiration. So that was it then. I would make her a Tinker Bell dress. I hit up the fabric market a couple weeks ago and bought a stack of green fabric. For US$5! Muuuuch cheaper than the Cinderella dress we purchased! And what a perfect little gift for the day o' green?!
I drew out a quick sketch, and used her Cinderella dress as a guide for the bodice. Can't you tell I inherited my dad's artistic talent?! HA!! I didn't even have time to start the dress until this past Monday, which I guess was good because it gave me something to do in the evenings with Cody out of town. Though I did have to finish it on St. Patrick's Day. Thus I made some green popcorn and let Jade watch Peter Pan while I sewed. She enjoyed it.
Once I was finished, I laid out a trail of chocolate coins leading to the dress. Then Jade picked them up as she followed them to the finished product. A pretty uneventful St. Patrick's Day, but we are in Asia after all.
The dress was obviously not a surprise since I had to try it on her as I put it together. Nonetheless she was pretty excited to actually be able to wear it and keep it on at this point. She didn't mind the chocolate either.
I was worried I'd get the dress done and she wouldn't even want to wear it, but she loved it. She danced around and pretended she was flying like Tinker Bell. Then things got really crazy when she decided to wear my boots too.
WOW!!!! The outfit is amazing, but what makes me smile even more is her attitude! You are so talented, come visit so you can help me make some cute things for little miss on her way!
Are you kidding me? That looks better than the ones that I can find in the store. Great work Nicole. I can't show Katelyn or else she'll want one too. :)
Wow I'm so impressed with your sewing skills! It looks awesome. I need to make more time to sew! Jade looks so dang cute in it. I love her dance moves!
8 comments:
I love it, good fabric choices. She looks so cute, especially with your boots on. Ha, ha ha. Good job Nicole! I like her little up-do too.
WOW!!!! The outfit is amazing, but what makes me smile even more is her attitude! You are so talented, come visit so you can help me make some cute things for little miss on her way!
Wow Nicole you are so talented, that dress turned out adorable!
If only I could have some of your talent. You are amazing!
That dress is adorable! I love it! And her dance moves are so cute. Love the boots with the outfit.
That sounds like a fabulous St Patrick's day to me and little Tinkerbell is just darling. I am so impressed with your talents!
Are you kidding me? That looks better than the ones that I can find in the store. Great work Nicole. I can't show Katelyn or else she'll want one too. :)
Wow I'm so impressed with your sewing skills! It looks awesome. I need to make more time to sew! Jade looks so dang cute in it. I love her dance moves!
Happy Birthday today! :)
Post a Comment