It seems there is a lot of refashion happening out there, so I thought I would give it a go. After all I am trying to trim down my closet to accommodate the minimal space. One of my old shirts:
I shrunk it down by cutting it apart and sewing it back together to Jadyn's size.
To be honest, I'm still not in love with the finished product, but eh it was a free project using scraps on hand. If nothing else it was good practice to bring me closer to my new goal.
Another sewing link was sent to me from my sister, Kristen. She sews all the time and makes cool things in addition to clothing like crowns, love sacs, and purses. The link she sent was for a circle skirt. I would recommend this project, especially for beginner sewers. It is so easy--it probably took 1.5-2 hours max to make, and that was even with me messing up on the waistband a little bit. Yay for a new Sunday skirt for just a couple bucks (or maybe even less)! Thanks, Sister!
5 comments:
Wow Nicole!! I am so impressed! I like the dress. Don't know what you are talking about silly!
So cute Nicole. I'm way impressed with your creative skills with the shirt dress. And you used a shoe to help out? My goodness... send that one in to bhg. Very cool. I totally want to make a circle skirt because Katelyn would wear it every day. She's totally into anything that twirls and that would definitely fit the bill. I love Jadyn's skirt. SOOOO cute.
I'm in love with that skirt!!!! I WANT ONE!!! I can tell it's one that "spins out" which is how you judge a great skirt after all. Sooo adorable. Course, the model was pretty darn cute which doesn't hurt.
I love the top embellishments on the pink dress, it is super cute, and free!!!
Those are great! Thanks for the resource's. I will definitely be looking at given that I am trying to be a "home maker" of some sort.
I love the skirt!!! I have tried a lot of repurposing patterns lately too. I think the dress turned out super cute. I love all the sewing sites so thanks for sharing!!! Your last post is great cuz I miss getting to know Jade as she grows up. It def sounds like she and Bryn will still get along great! I can't wait til you move back here so we can live by each other one day!
Post a Comment