My little Jade Girl loves to sing. She busts out into little songs throughout each day. Sometimes I am amazed at what she retains. The funny part is most of the time she is not on tune. Should I even expect that at this age? I don't know. Probably not. I'm just a bit concerned because her mom is tone deaf and monotone. Or at least use to be, but I still struggle with it. And I LOVE to sing. My parents instilled in me a love for music and arts. I think every single person in my family is quite talented in one area of music or another. Except me that is. One of my Young Women's projects was to learn to sing. Now I am lucky if I can make it through a hymn without going off tune for a note or two. And that is not a complaint. I am EXTREMELY grateful for how far the Lord has helped me come. I quite enjoy actually being able to tell when my voice matches the key--such was not always the case. But don't even ask me to attempt a cappella, 'cause that would be torturous for us all--I can't stay on key for the life of me without a piano--or person--to follow. Musical instruments are a big fail for me too. Being tone deaf is not a benefit when trying to learn an instrument. I learned that the hard way when attempting the trombone (of all things) in the mandatory junior high band class.
Apparently Cody was a pretty good saxophone player in junior high, but I have yet to hear him play. He took up guitar in college and did pretty good with it until his studies demanded his time over playing. He can't sing though (sorry, Hon), unless it is in Chinese or a certain Enrique Iglesias song (of all things) and then his pitch seems to improve drastically.
The point is: does Jadyn have a chance to be a singer or have any musical talent whatsoever? I'm hoping Cody has enough musical talent to make up for what I lack that she will still inherit some. OR maybe some of the Lemon genes will skip me and still carry through to her. OR is she doomed to be like her mother and go along singing happily and enjoying it fully until she one day realizes she is completely off-key and can't even distinguish the difference? I don't know. I guess time will tell.
[Maybe a little long, but no one's making you watch it. :) ]
5 comments:
I'd say she has definitely inherited some talent. No question. As soon as her little voice started on the video my kids swarmed me. They laughed and loved all of Jaydn's singing. I am requesting at least 20 min more video because never have my kids been so enthralled! At one point Kohen was like, "SHE LOOKED AT ME!!!" LOLThey all said they miss Jadyn and wanted to tell her hello.
What a doll! The next Asian Madrigal or Show Choir for sure ;)
AAAAAAAAHH! So dang cute! I can't wait til you guys get here! And the video didn't seem long to me! I didn't want it to end! :D
Whether or not she can sing on tune or not, she has a dang good memory and is so dang cute and entertaining! My kids were glued to the screen:)
That was absolutely adorable!! I can't believe how big she's getting! Didn't we just go to her blessing last week?
Post a Comment