Sunday, June 6, 2010

Calling ALL Girls

I have a new skirt. It is pink. It is girly. It is everything I LOVE. Except for a couple things... but I will explain that (and the story behind the skirt) another day.

I wore it to church for the first time today. I asked Cody what he thought. He gives me the basic husband answer...after a short pause, "I like it." But he won't look at me. Yah, I can read right through that. After some prodding, he gently tells me, "okay, it's not my favorite." I realize what a terrible position asking questions like that puts my husband in, but I have no one else to ask!!

Sometimes I miss having my sisters, girlfriends, and roommates around, purely for these girly reasons. I need truthful girl-opinions, ladies! Let's be honest, as much as I love dear Cody, I can't fully trust his opinion. It almost always takes some time for him to appreciate new fashion trends, and he doesn't always value the girliness and sometimes unique styles I enjoy. I do like an honest hubby though!

To further complicate my predicament, sometimes I get so confused by the fashion trends here. They have some crazy weird stuff, so you tend to have to see past the bad to find the good (not that I bought the skirt here). But then I find myself questioning, "is this really cute or just comparatively to other items I'm seeing?" "Would I really wear this if I was in the States?" I know there are days I don't care if my shoes match or if my shirt isn't that cute, because it won't stand out here anyway. I probably wouldn't let it slide so much if I were in my native country.

Back to the skirt. My dear girlfriends, sisters, sister-in-laws, I NEED you. Please be a true friend and give me your honest opinion of my new skirt. Then I will know if I should put it back in the closet and leave it there or if it is a keeper.

To make things fair, I will even let you post your opinion anonymously in the poll to the right. Then you really don't have to feel bad telling me you hate it. I won't even know it is you. :) And you can vote even if you never leave comments and/or you don't want me to know you are reading my blog. :) But if you do feel obliged to leave a comment (positive or negative), I would LOVE that too!

Cody said I need to put a close-up of the fabric, so you can have the full affect (click on the pic to zoom in further, if needed).

Here are some more casual shots with different angles to help you make a more educated decision as well.

19 comments:

The Bailey Bunch said...

I think it's adorable Nicole!

Eric and Darcy said...

I have a few things like this, too. I'm not quite sure what's wrong with them...it's like the theory of the clothes is good, but when I put it on, something feels off.
I read your post this morning and this is what I think: I think it's cute. Perhaps it's the fabric that Cody doesn't like? It seems like a lightweight, easy flowing skirt that would be really comfortable in the heat. Or maybe it's the frilliness? Eric doesn't usually like it if I'm in something frilly. I don't know, Nicole. I'm stumped. I think it's cute and I would wear it. Maybe see if Cody can pinpoint what he doesn't like.

Jim and Kensley said...

I love it. Cody doesn't know the first thing about fashion! I think it's soooo cute! And Just so you know before I even read anything I looked at the picture right as it loaded and said to myself, That's a really cute skirt!! I think it's perfect, sassy, light weight and flowy.

Jennifer said...

I think it's darling and you look great in it!

Shannon said...

I think you look super adorable in that skirt. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. Yes, it's frilly and girly and pink, so maybe that's why a guy doesn't like it, but it's very Nicole. I love it! I say do what I do when I wear stuff I know that Sam doesn't like. Every time you wear it around him, go on and on about how much you LOVE it and it's your FAVORITE article of clothing in your wardrobe and it makes you feel SOOOO good about yourself. Maybe recap some compliments people have given you whilst wearing said skirt for good measure. Mean? Maybe. Funny? Always.

The Reimers Family said...

I don't see what the big deal is, if cody is anything like jake, he' probably wants you to be able to trust his opinion, so if he's not super in love with it, he feels it's his duty to let you know. I have a few pairs of shoes that jake thinks may not be church appropriate...whrn it comes down to it, what do they know? :)

Melissa L. said...

I agree: it's cute, and it looks great on you. More girly than I would wear, but that's probably a point in its favor, considering my utter lack of fashion sense! ;) I also agree that it could be the pattern he doesn't like. Steve has issues with stripes on clothing for some reason; maybe this is similar. I say if you like it, wear it!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I like it, I thinks it's bright, summery, funky and fun! I probably wouldn't buy it only because of the thick elastic waist, I would feel to self conscious with my love handles that I can't seem to get rid of since Tallie! But, I think the main thing is that you look fabulous in it, seriously, wear it and wear it with confidence girl cause you look good!

Knowles Family said...

Nicole, I think it looks great on you and is very cute, I am not to sure about the pattern but I think it is cute and you should keep wearing it.

Knowles Family said...

Nicole, I think it looks great on you and is very cute, I am not to sure about the pattern but I think it is cute and you should keep wearing it.

simmons said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Seriously it is soooo cute! Cody, Cody, Cody, tell him to just keep watching his sports and leave the fashion to you. Also maybe you could make him a matching tie out of the skirt material then it would be SUPER adorable!

Seriously I love it and it looks great on you!

Anna Heywood said...

I my mom to a artisan fair on Saturday and I saw a skirt that looked a lot like this. I pulled it out to admire and decided that while I LOVED it, it was made for tall thin people. When I saw your picture here, I thought, "perfect! It is adorable. I would definitely consider it a keeper!

Lydia said...

Honestly this skirt is not for anyone but it REALLY looks GOOD on you! You're slim and tall and beautiful, I truly think it looks great on you. SO its for sure a keeper.

Michelle said...

It's hard to wear something if your spouse doesn't like it, but I think it's great! I'm a little quirky with my fashion sometimes though. I like something that makes a fun statement and I think the skirt does just that.

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

bahahhahha.... i love it!!! I think it is way cute!

Tawnya said...

I actually love it! Surprising because I don't normally like skirts like that. But I do love it!

Tiffany said...

You look so good in it! It's a keeper. Very cute.

ej said...

I SO know what you mean. Just yesterday my SILs surrounded me to tell me how much they loved my haircut, and I thought " I miss this! I need female fashion affirmation!" And I LOVE the skirt, as you know, and have been looking for it's twin sister now that I'm back :)

Casey and Winter Rowland said...

Very Cute Nicole. I have actually been looking for a skirt like this. Everywhere I see them they are way to short. I love the length and the look. :) Sorry Cody I think that you are not going to win this one.