Sunday, March 7, 2010

Food Obsession

I love to eat; I love to cook. Sometimes I might just go a little overboard. Like the time 6 of us ate 100 wings plus many, many sides all by ourselves. Like the time four of us downed an entire bottle of barbecue sauce when eating our racks of ribs. Like the times I let Jadyn play all by herself for hours so I can try a new gourmet recipe. So much so that I have loved using some of the recipes on my cousin's wife's recipe blog, Recipe Box. Last week she invited me to join, so I will occasionally be posting recipes to the site if you care to take a look. If you are like me, you always love new ideas and new recipes, so it might be worth stopping by. This month's theme is green. Click here to see my post.


Lucky for me, Dalyce posted links to some recipes for girl scout cookies. I was thrilled because as far as I know, I can't buy them here. I thought the recipes were quite good, but I think I would use a higher quality, better tasting chocolate for the dipping next time.

5 comments:

ej said...

It was not healthy how I snarfed all of those Samoa's over the last two days! I green lighted them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.... they are SO good I don't want to know how bad they are for me ;)

Eric and Darcy said...

I make a dish similar to the broccoli one you posted. It's an Ina Garten recipe. You just can't go wrong adding garlic to your broccoli! I add a little bit of red pepper flakes too.
I've been meaning to make the Girl Scout thin mints too. There's a recipe I've found that's different from the one you tried. I'll let you know how it turns out. It's this recipe:
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipedetail.asp?sessionid=&login=yes&id=46&agree=yes

D.Suth. said...

hey I meant to ask you, did you have trouble spreading the caramel? The caramels I used were probably half a century old,maybe that was my problem.

You should email me your thin mint pic so I can add it, if you want.

Also, if you have anyone that wants to join the blog, let me know and I can add them too. Some of my friends have had people who wanted to join.

Katie said...

mmmmm I have to try these recipes sometime!!! I MISS GS cookies so much!

Shannon said...

Oh friend. I am so sorry about the other night. I fell asleep at the computer until it turned off. :( And Sam has taken the computer to work with him every day since so I haven't been able to get back on and talk to you. But please let me know when you can do it again soon!!!! I love this post. And all the memories of oh so many wings and oh so many sides and oh so much sauce! Yum! And samoas are my very favorite cookie ever so I am going to have to make those. Also I wanted to let you know that I did in fact get your message on my birthday and then cried when I realized I missed it (I was emotional that day). Thank you thank you for your sweet message and making me feel so loved and special. I am also glad your glitter toes lasted so long - mine didn't and I actually went back a week later to get them redone for free because they all broke off (I guess sometimes that happens in the freezing cold). Well, I love you and I miss you and I hope we can talk soon, now that I have the computer back.