Now that everything is up, I am happy we decorated. It already feels more like Christmas than it did 36 hours ago.
Last week Cody was back in Thailand for another conference/training. That left me home with Jadyn for Thanksgiving. We opted to hold our feast on Saturday so we could gorge ourselves together as a family. I had mentally prepared myself to hold out for it and not let myself feel down or homesick. Fortunately enough, the Jensen's invited us over to their family dinner, so we weren't without on the actual holiday. We had more than a great time sharing in the Jensen's festivities.
Then we had the opportunity to reciprocate their kindness by having them at our belated feast. I love double dipping when it comes to holidays! We also had our friends, the Cruz's over. I was so distracted by the amazingly good time we were having, I didn't even think to take pictures (the one above is stolen from the Jensen's blog--I'm getting good at that). So this is all I have for you: pictures of the left over pies. Pumpkin Chiffon Pie (with ginger snap crust) and Decadent Chocolate Pecan Tart. I wanted to try a little twist on the old favorites. Cody is still a fan of the traditional pies. I think I like the new pumpkin version better, but the traditional pecan version.

I was actually pretty excited to make the entire feast (minus the precooked turkey and gravy I ordered through Taipei American School); especially after I literally wasn't able to last year.
After days of cooking and then hours of cleaning up, I must pause to ask myself: was it worth it? I've concluded absolutely, hands-down, will for sure do it again, YES it was! Just seeing how happy and satisfied Cody was made it all worth it. I loved being able to make it a good holiday for him. I am so thankful for HIM!
7 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I wish you guys a safe trip back to Utah. I still enjoy reading your blog (Cody's posts are long, but I'll still read them haha). Anyways, Happy Holiday's!!
That's crappy that he had to be gone over a holiday, but thank heavens for good friends!!! Your Christmas decor looks fabulous!
Glad you were able to enjoy Thanksgiving. Love your Christmas decorations! LOVE the skirt you made for Jayden. You're so talented!!! You have some amazing adventures! Not sure I'd be brave enough to tour the city alone.
You're amazing Nicole. I'm glad your turkey feast turned out so well. We're excited to see you guys!!
p.s. Your decorations look great. But... who are the extra stockings for? Does Cody get 4 stockings? Or do you each get two? Good idea. :)
I agree, it is sooo totally worth it! those pies look fabulous!
I am amazed at all of your talents..cooking good pies. I don't think I've ever made a pie in my life. And I just love the skirt you made Jayden. LOVE IT
Post a Comment