Now, these girls are neither sick nor dying, but they are smart enough to know that their current health is due to the fact they wear those goofy masks on the subway. Daddy, on the other hand, can't stand not being able to breathe, possibly is a little too vain, and is known to suffer from an unhealthy sense of invincibility. As a result, daddy has had more colds in the last six months than he has had in his entire life. Now when daddy comes home, he is afraid to expose his precious little princess to all the super bugs and mutated cold germs he has been exposed to on the subway and bus for the past hour. As such, he typically waits until he washes his hands, or at the very least gives himself a good Purell bath before picking up his pure, clean, healthy little angel. There are two other reasons why he doesn't immediately pick her up.
1: If he did, she would stop dancing and nobody would get to enjoy her mad dancing skills. When daddy gets home, she will run around, scream, dance, spin circles etc.; but the second he picks her up, her excitement is gone. She usually tolerates a few kisses before she gets bored of me and wants to be put down so she can go back to playing. So, if I picked her up, nobody would be able to enjoy those awesome videos.
2: I'm trying to set the habit and standard of greeting my wife with a hug and a kiss before the kids. I want them to know that in this life, she is number one. Oh, don't get me wrong, they will be a very close second, but when all is said and done, our relationship is the most important. Period.
After writing this post, we decided to show you the video in it's entirety. I do want to point out that at one point I do break down and break my own rule. I try to pick her up but she is not having it. At that point she thinks my bag is more interesting than me. Also, I didn't know I was going to be filmed so I was a little taken off guard and wasn't sure exactly how to act. At the time I was quick enough to guess this little clip would probably end up on a blog at one point so I didn't want to do anything to embarrass myself.
Now with this in mind, please enjoy the show.
6 comments:
Looks like the one in the middle stole her shoes for Taipei Lanes!
On second thought, this is what is left of the Hole in the Wall Gang. With Butch and Sundance lost in Bolivia, the rest of the gang had to take day jobs. Now they ride trains instead of holding them up. The masks.....old habits die hard.
That is really sweet (Jayden's dancing and what you said about Nicole being number one)! You guys are great examples to us!
Love it! I do agree. I even make Cameron wash his hands, and he's in Arizona driving his own car. I love Jayden's dancing. She has skills.
What a good dad you are Cody. Keeping your baby as clean and healthy as you can. :) By the way, you're quite the writer. Maybe you and Nicole should write a book about your travels together. Jadyn could be the star and cover girl of the book as she is already a famous model.
Cody and Nicole,
You have a pretty awesome kid. Just thought I'd let you know, just in case you weren't aware! Hope all is well in Taiwan my friend!
Mark
Post a Comment