Sunday, September 7, 2008

Finally some REAL food!!

OK, so I have to post this for Nicole. She has been a great sport and has gone with me to try a new style of Chinese food from a different region of China each weekend. This past Friday, however, she broke down and said "Hon, all I really want to do this weekend is eat a cheeseburger." Ask and ye shall receive, hon; ask and ye shall receive:


Yes, that's right, I found us a Triple O's right here in Hong Kong. And yes, that's right, we kinda went nuts and both got a bacon cheeseburger, fries, onion rings and milk shakes. It was soooo good. The only thing was, after I ate there, I felt like I was going to throw up. Too much grease and normal food I guess. It's Sunday and I'm still not hungry.... life is good.

As this night was such a memorable evening, I have to put my two cents in about it(this is Nicole now). First off, I'll have you know when Cody told me this place had milkshakes too, I said, "you mean I get to have a cheeseburger AND milkshake in the same night???" OH, yes, I started jumping up and down I was so excited. And I was not disappointed. I was worried it was going to be wierd tasting, just like the beef in the grocery store, but no, it was, in one word, AMAZING. Even the bacon was high quality and everything was made to order (much better than a baconator :) ). Just to set the record straight, I'm pretty sure I finished my burger and fries in about 15 minutes and finished my shake shortly thereafter. And I did not feel like throwing up--I felt oh, so satisfied. In four words: I have no regrets.

3 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

You are such a good sport, Nicole. You deserve normal food once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

When you come home for Christmas you'll be o.k. if we just BBQ hamburgers and make shakes? Your hair looks so cute curly! Love ya!! Hopefully we'll get on skype tonight and see ya. Love ya!!!!

Shannon said...

Hahahahaha. I was thinking "baconator" too! Glad you weren't disappointed. Cody, you're so weak sauce. You felt sick after? What happened to 100 wings? China's changed you, man.