Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Five Wonders of Pregnancy

Lots of great things happen when you are pregnant. Here are a few of the "wonders" that have happened to me. I'm sure many of you women can relate!

1. Elephant Ankles

These beauties have been the entertainment of the town lately. Some of our friends (and Cody) love to just point and laugh at my grandma cankles. I must admit, I think they are pretty funny too. I mean really, how can you not look at those chubby feet and not get a good chuckle.


2. Turkey Neck

You know when you have such gradual changes to yourself that you don't really notice? Well, I think the face is definitely one of those because you see it several times everyday. Cody was so kind as to point out the "weight" I was gaining below my chin. So, now I realize I have a "double chin" or "turkey neck" (take your pick). Beautiful.




3. Pot Belly

Okay, that's a given.



4. Sausage Fingers

Yes, the swelling is also in my fingers. And I must say, not only do they just look disgusting, but they also hurt. My feet don't hurt so much as just feel different, but the joints in my fingers kill while I try to sleep at night.







5. And the biggest wonder of all (and result of all these changes): weighing eight pounds heavier at night than I do in the morning!!! Cody and I are still in awe at how that happens.

No comments: