Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thankful for Vacation

You know how every year at Thanksgiving you have to go around the table and everyone tells what they are thankful for? Maybe that is just my family, but we didn't do that this year, so I'm going to tell what I am thankful for right here: VACATION. We haven't had much of it this year, so to take a nice break from work and school for Thanksgiving was AWESOME! We met my family at my uncle's house and spent the weekend in San Diego.



Thanksgiving Day was full of food and football. My Uncle Ted is a HUGE Cowboys fan, so we even watched the game during dinner. My cute Aunt Lori made a delicious Thanksgiving feast for us. I can only take so much football, so I snuck away to the pool table with my sisters. I even dragged Cody into it for a little while and beat him two out of three games. :) This is saying a lot because I am a horrible pool player. :)

Friday we had a great breakfast at Mimi's Cafe--on my brother, Bobby. What a sweet guy, huh?! Then we headed to Sea World. I hadn't been there since I was about 10, so I was pretty excited. We saw the shark exhibit (where I also so a great friend from high school - crazy!), a seal and otter show, a 3-D movie (which I guess was a "scary" movie if you are six... or my mom), a dolphin show, and Shamu (of course). We ended the [cold] day with a ride on the [wet] "Journey to Atlantis" (which is sooo fun, by the way--even when it's freezing).

Saturday we headed to the beach...without the parents (I think they were smarter than that). This is all Cody wanted to do while we were in California. So, of course, I obliged--even with the 60 degree weather! Cody borrowed Uncle Ted's wet suit, rented a boogie board, and he was good to go. I, on the other hand, spent the day on a blanket in my suit and a sweater (I'm such a wuss). Cody even dragged Bobby and Becca in with him (with no wet suits--they were probably the only ones on the beach without one). They all loved the boogie boarding. Bobby was even the last one out of the water...even after he got beat up by the waves a few times. Charise was also a wuss with me and stayed on the blanket. We thought we might get in if we warmed up enough, but after wading to our ankles, there was no way we were going any further! By the time we were ready to leave the beach we were so excited for Thanksgiving leftovers and the hot tub at Uncle Ted's.

Our great vacation ended as we all headed home Sunday morning. Thanks for a great Holiday, Uncle Ted and Family!!!

No comments: