Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Results Are In!

On Monday Cody and I found out that our sweet little baby is going to be a girl! Take a look at the final results of the poll:


The majority of you were right! This is so funny because I thought we were going to have a boy the whole time. I thought you were all crazy for guessing a girl! I hope that doesn't mean I don't have that "motherly instinct," because I'm sure going to need it in oh, about five months.

Looks like Cody is going to have his "daddy's girl;" I think he's pretty excited. When the doctor told us "it's a girl," I just started laughing. I think partly because I was so wrong for thinking it was a boy and partly because I was so excited. I was so giddy the rest of the day. I even woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep because I was just couldn't stop thinking about our cute little girl.

The ultrasound was so much fun. We were able to just stare at our little baby for almost an hour. I could have stayed there all day! The doctor looked at just about everything and took a ton of measurements and everything is normal. Our baby is healthy and growing right on schedule.

Here are a few of our favorite pictures from the appointment:

This is a nice profile of the baby. The outline of her nose and lips are so sweet.

I just think this one looks cool--it is the baby's skeleton. It was so neat to see all the baby's bones and organs!

The machine the doctor uses can take 3-D images. This one is the baby's face. I think her little nose and lips are the cutest things ever! This picture makes her look like she has the "Rowland Nose." The doctor even called it a "button nose." You can see her little hand right below her chin too. So precious!!

I like this one of baby's head too, because you can see her tiny little arm extended. She looks so peaceful.

I think this one is my very favorite because the baby's legs and feet look so well formed and are just soooooo cute! Every time I see this picture I can't help but smile and say "awwww." The legs and feet are so little and adorable.

Hooray for our little baby girl! We couldn't be more excited!

9 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

I have been checking your blog everyday waiting to see what it is. YEA!!!! I am so excited for you guys. Nicole, I totally thought you were going to have a boy too. Weird. Congratulations!!! Girls are so much fun to shop for and dress up. Its like playing with dolls all over again!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

So excited for you guys, congrats!

And Nicole, the post of your cakes was amazing - you should start a cake business INCREDIBLE!

Anonymous said...

I still think that bouncing baby thing on the right side of the main page is a little creepy.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Congrats you guys! What a lucky baby girl this is, to have such great parent's! I love you Christmas widget...can I copy?
Hopefully we will see you tonight at Regional Night!

Eric and Darcy said...

A girl!! How exciting! She just looks so cute. Those 3D pictures are amazing!

Tiffany said...

Your pictures are amazing! I love the 3D ones with the amazing detail. Thanks for sharing! We'll have to go shopping for some baby girl clothes for you soon!! Girls are the BEST. :)

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I am so excited for you! You will have so much fun with your little girl! They are such miracles!! The 3D pictures are great! Isn't it so exciting to get a glimpse of what they will look like?! Congratulations! You and Cody will make such great parents! I hope you're taking it easy and not working too hard!!

Love, Alison
p.s. your cakes are adorable! You are very talented!!

The Reimers Family said...

yeahhh! our girls are going to have so much fun together!!! I am so excited! i thought you were going to have a boy,we can figure out how to raise these little girls together!

Anonymous said...

Your Baby is just Gorgeous!! I am sooooo excited for her to come.

Hope you guys are doing great.

Congrats Cody on Finishing School!!

Love ya.