Poor Cody had to be dragged to the company picnic. I told him that I really wanted to go (which I did for some funny reason--I must have forgotten what company picnics are like), so he took a couple hours off of his school work and obliged. I've realized something about me: I get really excited about silly little events and then it is not until we show up that I realize it was indeed a silly thing to be so excited about (for example, this also happened with the Ward Valentine's Dance where there were about six couples that showed up; okay maybe, just maybe, ten). I think I just like to do "stuff" in general... oh well...
When we started driving over to the picnic I thought about who was going to be there. The office of my firm I work in has approximately 200 people, which half of them are tax accountants, maybe 50 are audit accountants, and the rest are admin, consulting, and other. The point being, I am an auditor, so I don't know many people that work in our office. So, when Cody and I arrived at the picnic, we said "hi" to one guy I happened to know, went straight to the food (Honey Bears--pretty good BBQ), sat down and tried to be social with the people around us (some of them I had actually met once or twice), said "hi" to a couple other people I happened to know, grabbed an ice cream bar, and walked around the park by ourselves (which honestly, I didn't mind, because I love spending any time I can with Cody that doesn't involve homework or career research :) ).
There were actually a couple things that made the trip up to Scottsdale worth it: the food (well some of it), the ice cream bar :), and the park. The park was so cute!!! It is called the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. We had never been to this one (not that we have been to many parks in AZ--possibly three). The park has a train ride, a carousel, a miniature train set, and best of all... grass (the other three parks we've been to here don't--don't ask me how you can even call it a park if it doesn't have grass, but whatever). Here are a couple pictures we took at the park:

Notice my delicious ice cream bar in the picture. :)

This post is longer than I intended, so you will have to see the next post to hear about Thunderbird's Regional Night.
2 comments:
Very cute post. I have noticed that about you (you know, the whole liking to do "stuff" thing) and I love it because I'm the same way. It's fun because then I have someone excited to do stuff with me! :) I always love going to company picnics as well, and it usually ends up the same way as yours. Oh well. At least you got Honey Bears. That is my all time favorite BBQ place here in Phoenix. A: because they're cheap, and B: because they have SOUTHERN barbeque! Yay! Glad to hear you had fun and your ice cream bar did indeed look delicious. You'll have to tell me about the R.S. broadcast since I missed it. :( Talk to you lata'...
Ooooo... a park! Yes, I think parks should have grass as well, but it's not often that you see a train in one! We might have to go check it out... especially if there's ice cream nearby.
Post a Comment