Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Birthday to My Cute Husband!!

Today is Cody's birthday, so I want to put on a special post dedicated to him. I'm sure he will hate it because he doesn't like being the center of attention, but oh well, I think he deserves a little on his birthday.

Here is a fun slide show, starring Cody. The pictures are from right before I met Cody until today.



I've seen these questions floating around on people's blogs, so I thought I would throw them on here to spotlight Cody.

1. Who is your man? Cody

2. How long have you been married? Just over three years

3. How long did you date? Six months, including engagement (yep, you heard right). We were in lo-ove (and still are).

4. How old is your man? 25 as of today! Old Man.

5. Who eats more? Me... sad, I know, but I am a Lemon and he has a small appetite.

7. Who is taller? Cody. Even when I have heels on. Yay!

8. Who sings better? Me, unless its butt-rock or Enrique Iglasias :)

9. Who is smarter? Cody would say me, but since I'm answering these questions I'm going to say him... our grades in college prove it (and he's going to a harder school). :)

10. Who's temper is worse? Mine, for sure. Cody is sweet in every way. It takes a lot for someone to see his temper.

11. Who does the laundry? Cody would say him, but since I'm answering these questions, I'm going to say me. Actually it depends on the week, month, year... whoever is less busy or needs clean clothes more desperately usually does it.

12.Who takes out the garbage? Cody. This is a man job. I made that clear when we were dating. :) Besides it might make me puke if I get too close...

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. I use to get up earlier than him, so I was next to the alarm. Now I just have to be next to the alarm so I can hit the snooze button in less than .5 seconds or I get cranky. Cody just lets it play.

14. Who pays the bills? Cody. I thought I might take this over someday, but that day hasn't come yet. I'm okay with it.

15. Who is better with the computer? Depends what part. We probably know about the same overall.

16. Who mows the lawn? We both wish we had a lawn... Oh, sad...

17. Who cooks dinner? Depends on the night, time of year, etc. We both help out; again, it is whoever is less busy. Cody is a great cook and helps a ton when I can't.

18. Who drives when you are together? Cody. He won't let me drive. I think I scare him. I don't know why...

19. Who pays when you go out? Cody (even though it's the same either way; he's just a gentleman).

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Cody... I don't think I've ever been wrong. Okay, okay, I just have a really hard time admitting it.

22. Whose parents do you see the most? About the same. They live about 30 miles from each other, so we try hard to share time when we are around.

23. Who kissed who first? Cody kissed me first...before our first date. Boy did he jump the gun! :) He claims I gave him "the look." Good thing he's not participating in this post or we would have just started an age-old argument.

24. Who asked who out? Cody asked me. Very cute. It was after I gave him a one-hour ride home from school and back and we could still carry on a great conversation.

25. Who proposed? Cody. Again, very cute... Sunset, a dozen roses, extremely nervous boyfriend... need I say more?

26. Who is more sensitive? Cody, for sure. Again, sweet in every way... and very patient.

27. Who has more friends? Me... we've talked about this before. Cody only lets certain people in his "circle." He has a few very close friends--count yourself lucky if you are one of them (I do).

28. Who has more siblings? Me--I have four, he has two. We are so lucky, because we both get along with and love each others families so much.

29. Who wears the pants in the family? Depends on the topic. Although Cody likes to tell people he needs to "ask the boss." Whatever. We'll leave it at that.


I just want to say Cody is the best husband ever and I'm sooo glad I'm married to him. I love you, honey. Happy Birthday (don't be mad at me for doing this)!!



(Cody's play list)

4 comments:

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODY! We would LOVE to celebrate with you, sorry we can't make it tonight! I LOVED your post, Nicole, it made me laugh out loud when you said at the very end...don't be mad at me honey...that is exactly what I would say to Ty as well! You guys are such a cute couple! Happy 25th Cody, you youngster!

Shannon said...

I loved so many things about this post. Very very funny. I really like the Jim Halpert photos, and of you with your sexy pink hair! Also, that list of questions was awesome...I laughed at almost every one. I have been there for some of the "age old arguments" and it made me laugh to think back on them. :) I also have to say, like it or not Cody, I count myself in your circle of friends. You may not, but I do. And I think it is you who is blessed. Sam and I are pretty dang cool.

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Ricardo!! :) We loved going through your post and getting some more dirt on you. Dave will use it whenever he can. You kissed Nicole before the first date? Whoa. We need to hear that story! Happy Birthday and way to go Nicole to make such a great birthday tribute to Cody.

The Reimers Family said...

Happy Birthday Cody! You guys are so stinkin cute!