Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Birthday Celebrations

Yes, plural: celebra-tions. Cody got about four this year. His dad likes to call it "The Never-ending Birthday." Which, to be honest, happens quite often now that we are married: one together, one with his fam, one with my fam, and sometimes one with friends. I think that makes it quite enjoyable--I love spoiling Cody!

This year we would have just had one because we are in AZ living away from all the family. But then a sad and unexpected event took us back to Utah for Cody's birthday weekend. We flew out Saturday morning and flew back Monday night. So, Saturday as Cody napped, my mother and I threw together a quick little party for Cody. As luck would have it, his card from my fam hadn't been put in the mail yet, so he received it early instead of late! I packed his presents from me (unbeknownst to him), so he could have them on his birthday too. Sometimes his inattentiveness is nice, because I can surprise him quite easily. I didn't know if we'd have time to celebrate at all on Sunday (Cody's actual birthday), so I let him choose three presents to open that night. I told him, "choose wisely because some are better than others!" :) We had Chinese food, brownies with 25 candles, and ice cream that night.










As it turned out, Sunday had time for a quick celebration. So quick, we don't have any pictures from it (that and we forgot to take our camera to Utah). But we at least had time for Cody to open his presents from his family and the rest of them from me.

After we returned from Utah, I started feeling so bad Cody didn't get a cake on his birthday that I decided to have a few people over for cake and ice cream the next weekend. One of the best things about Cody's birthday is that it is in October, just ten days before Halloween. He loves Halloween (as do I... I even get excited over Halloween Oreos), and I love having Halloween-themed birthdays for him. So, naturally, I made him a Halloween-Frankenstein cake and we carved pumpkins. It was such short notice not many people could make it, but it was still sooo much fun! We have so many great pictures, I'm just going to have to put on a slide show of them:



And last but not least... One of my many plans for Cody's Halloween birthday this year was to make him Halloween pancakes for breakfast. I just had to wait a week to actually make them. Even so, Cody still thought they were pretty sweet... and what's better than getting to celebrate your birthday a little more almost a week later, right!!??



















By the way, Cody was pretty adamant about me not taking a picture of him first thing in the morning. I still thought he looked pretty dang hot, so I snuck that one anyway. :)

Thanks for celebrating with us everyone!!

5 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

Ok...so your blog is pretty much the coolest one I have ever seen. It even has music playing. It is so fun to see what you guys have been up to. I love it!!! Happy Birthday Cody. Sounds like you guys have been doing quite the partying. You have such an awesome wife. Oh yeah, Nicole I love the cake!!!

Tiffany said...

We had a great time at the party celebrating with you! Nicole, you are an inspiration! Are you planning any more birthday parties?? :)

Shannon said...

The picture with the bag of cell phones made me laugh so hard! I also think it's funny that in every picture of me, I'm tilting my head to the side - what is that? You did such a great job on Cody's cake. I just love spending time with you guys - you are so cute. So YAY for Cody and his birthday!!! By the way, did he ever see the other post???

The Reimers Family said...

You are so friggin creative! I loved the cake. Perhaps you would like to make me a special cake for...well, you know.

Anonymous said...

We love your cake, pumpkins, and of course the baby pictures! It's nice to see that you can have fun with out me for once!!! Love Mom and Becca