Friday, January 31, 2014

We want to build a snowman!

Early on I told Jade how much fun snow is.  I told her she could make snow angels and I’d teach her to build a snowman.  I’m pretty sure we were equally as giddy the first time it snowed.  Regardless how little.IMG_0504

It was melted within hours.  Sad.  Then the next time there was definitely enough to go out and play in.  Not having any snow clothes wasn’t going to stop us!  New Jersey is apparently scared of a little snow and delayed school by a couple hours.  We hurried to layer on clothes and take advantage of those hours!  IMG_0509

I think we were a little too overzealous about our first snow.  It rained a little after it snowed, so the snow had froze to ice.  The kids still had fun crunching around in it that day, but no snowmen for us.

IMG_0519 IMG_0520

It wasn’t too long before it snowed again.  It was beautiful as ever!  I must say I LOVE having four seasons.  Each one is SO fun!  IMG_0539

This time Ridge was sick though.  That meant I had to stay inside with the boys.  IMG_0555

It about broke my heart when I told Jade she could go out by herself and she replied, “but mom, you were going to teach me how to build a snowman.”  She opted to go out by herself anyway.  I sat on the couch with the boys and felt so sad I couldn’t get out there with her. 

IMG_0548 IMG_0546 IMG_0553 

I had to tell myself there would be more snow!  Sure enough, there was but not until after Christmas.  We were super disappointed the weather got warm—like to 65—right before Christmas and melted all the snow!  Santa brought snow clothes anyway. No snow during Christmas break, but more came not long after.  This time school was canceled.  A real snow day!  The three of us got out there to play in it while Tanner was napping.  IMG_1134

Now this time it was freezing!  So cold that the snow was just powder and would not pack together. at. all.  No building a snowman again!! 

Instead, the kids ate the snow. 

IMG_1156 IMG_1520

They made snow angels.IMG_1129

They ate the snow.

IMG_1164 IMG_1139

They made it snow.

IMG_1145 IMG_1146 IMG_1143

Did I mention, they ate the snow?

IMG_1166 IMG_1167

Ridge was like the little brother from A Christmas Story.  Couldn’t put his arms down; couldn’t get back up once he was down.  I pretty much just followed him around and stood him back up when needed. 

IMG_1135 IMG_1174

We had a fun time, even without a snowman.  But it was coooold.  I have not seen cheeks so pink since Jade was born! 

IMG_1125 IMG_1158

We have had one more big snow after that.  Again, school was canceled (I really don’t understand why Utah is the only place that knows how to deal with snow!).  We put the baby monitor on the porch and played until Tanner woke up. 

IMG_1151 IMG_1159

Yet again, it was fuh-reeeeezing and the snow was all powder.  I even asked our pediatrician if that’s the only type of snow they get here.  She said no, it’s typically wet packing snow!  Do we wanna build a snowman?  Yes, why yes, we do!  Maybe the next snow???  Pretty please?!

IMG_1544 IMG_1549

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

So cute and magical for your kids to see the snow!! Here's hoping you get that wet snow soon!