Friday, February 22, 2013

I See Skies of Blue

Cody’s final day off for Chinese New Year was the most gorgeous day!  We have been having warm, pleasant weather, but this day in particular also had clear, blue skies.  That is one thing I always notice when we visit Utah: the incredibly beautiful blue skies.  We don’t get that intense blue a lot here; whether from the smog, pollution, dust, cloud cover, haze—whatever you want to call it—we don’t get a true deep blue all that frequently.  But this day was it.  I hope you’ll forgive me that I took about a million pictures because it was simply too stunning not to.  Even going through these, I’m getting almost giddy about how incredibly lovely the day was. 

We started our little adventure by taking a bus from Sai Wan Ho to Shek O.  These pictures are out the window overlooking Tai Tam.   

IMG_5299IMG_5297IMG_5296

This is as we approach Shek O.IMG_5301

A view of Shek O Beach as we head down the mountain.IMG_5306

Shek O has a gorgeous beach, which made me wonder why we hadn’t been there yet.  Cody actually ventured over to it last summer when we were still in Utah without him.  He said it was body to body people.  Oh yah, that’s why.

The children played a little in the sand (still a little too chilly to swim.  Obviously.).IMG_5310

I liked this lady’s hat.  Think it would look good on me?IMG_5309

We pulled the kiddos away from the sand to take a little walk through the town and over to a small hike. 

IMG_5313 IMG_5314 IMG_5315 IMG_5317

IMG_5316

The little hill on the right was the mountain we conquered.  :)  Such a gorgeous day. I still can’t get over it.  IMG_5321

Everything looked so beautiful in the sunlight and blue, blue skies, I just kept clicking away…IMG_5324 IMG_5329

IMG_5325 IMG_5331

IMG_5335

On the way to the hiking trail, Cody and Jade walked down to the water to throw rocks in.  I kept taking lots of pictures…IMG_5338

IMG_5346

IMG_5347

IMG_5349 IMG_5355IMG_5350 IMG_5357

Then we hit the trail. 

IMG_5359 IMG_5365

Top of the mountain!

IMG_5367 IMG_5364

Hey, wait.  I want my picture with the blue sky too!  Please can I have my picture with that lovely blue sky? Love Jade’s face in that first pic; the sun was too bright so she was squinting. 

IMG_5369 IMG_5370 

More blue sky pics! It got a little chilly up there.

IMG_5377 IMG_5378

Well, wouldn’t you know, they found more sand to play in.  IMG_5380

More blue skies…IMG_5383

Getting tired of this yet?  ‘Cause I’m sure not.  IMG_5384

Heading down the mountain/hill.IMG_5386

Oh wait.  Since I’m already trigger happy, we need more pictures of Ridge. He kind of gets hidden in that pack!IMG_5391

IMG_5390 IMG_5397 IMG_5395 

Back through the town.

IMG_5399 IMG_5404IMG_5400 IMG_5405

And to the local temple.

IMG_5401 IMG_5402 IMG_5403

Then we passed by a place to play miniature golf…of sorts.  Jade, of course wanted to play, so hey, why not! The place was made of concrete, complete with Chinese structures.  We found it hilarious!  IMG_5416

Jade and Ridge found it entertaining. 

IMG_5423 IMG_5419 

IMG_5421 IMG_5410 IMG_5420

They may need some work on their form though.

IMG_5412 IMG_5408

We ended our day in Shek O at a pizza place we spotted by the temple.  Kinda fun and the kids sure loved it!

IMG_5426 IMG_5427

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow, that really WAS a lovely day! I was very taken with those pictures. Especially the ones of the water and the rocks. Gorgeous. I loved the video of Ridge's first golfing experience. The boys laughed really really hard at Ridge trying to climb in the ball hole. Let's face it, I did too. What a fun day. I can't wait for Sam to be done with school so I can actually see him and have fun family days like this!