Wednesday, January 2, 2013

More Christmas Parties

Jade’s class had a Christmas party on their last day before the holiday break began.  DSC02958

These are Jade’s best buds in class this year: Luvella and Liam.200036_571269612889597_1155761438_n

When she arrived home she was excited to tell me they played musical chairs to a song by the name of Gangnam Style.  I wasn’t sure if I should laugh or cry.  What are they exposing my child to?! ;P The worst part is the song made a big enough impression that she actually remembered its name!  Truthfully though, I got a pretty good laugh out of it.

DSC02927 DSC02938 

DSC02951

DSC02966

 

Jade is a really sweet and giving little girl.  She wanted to give Christmas presents to all her friends.  I opted for goodie bags to give out in class, church, and to neighbor friends.  That way everyone was covered!  I used one of her drawings to personalize the tags.  I simply scanned her drawing and added text before printing it in a smaller size.  IMG_3925

Jade was very concentrated as she happily stuffed goodie bags. 

IMG_3918 IMG_3923

 

Jade’s best friend from her school class last year, Remi, threw a Christmas party for all the Montessori friends.  Her mom is a superstar for hosting 13 + kids—ages 5 and under—and their parents in a Hong Kong sized apartment!!  The kids were all over the place until we wrangled them in for the arrival of Santa Claus.IMG_4228

To get them to settle down a little, we had them sing the Christmas songs they had all learned for the school Christmas program!15413_10151395963645362_1613693471_n

Then in came… IMG_4235

Santa????

20626_10151395963665362_1708756148_n IMG_4240 

These are the looks of bewildered faces…224808_10151395963605362_193906031_n

…and maybe even disappointed ones.  You can’t trick these kids.  They knew it was Remi’s dad.603338_10151395966490362_276394432_n

Don’t worry, the disappointment didn’t last long.  This Santa still came bearing presents after all.  532564_10151395966535362_1230813295_n

 

Lastly, Cody’s work had a little party in the office on Christmas Eve day, complete with roasted pig, cha shui, dim sum, and seafood pizza.  IMG_4076

Oh, yah.  Annnd they had a funny clown.  Who spoke all in Cantonese. IMG_4094

But Jade got a balloon bracelet and kitty, so she was a happy girl.  Even if she didn’t understand his jokes. 

IMG_4098 DSC_4281 

It was actually really fun to see Cody’s office and let the kids hang out with him at work. 

IMG_4106 DSC_4212DSC_4137 DSC_4095 DSC_4295

Not a bad view, eh?!IMG_4110

Jade had fun watching the clown, eating at Daddy’s desk, and scoring treats and balloons.

IMG_4100 IMG_4116 IMG_4133

Ridge, on the other hand, enjoyed exploring the entire office.  Touching and moving anything we’d let him get his hands on. 

IMG_4103 DSC_4233 IMG_4119IMG_4124 IMG_4117 IMG_4112

2 comments:

Jim and Kensley said...

HOW FUN!!! Remi's Mom absolutely deserves a reward! I can't even lie to you though, my favorite picture is when Cody is holding Jadyn with his back to you and in all the dark hair you see one little girl in bright pink pants with long blonde hair! I looooove it! and Cody's view is pretty dang impressive, much better than mine of the freeway haha! and I can't get over how big Ridge is getting. He is just too cute! AH I miss you guys!

Tawnya said...

Best santa ever!