Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gingerbread Houses & Santa

Our Branch Christmas Social was last Saturday.  We decorated gingerbread graham cracker houses and met Santa Claus.  DSC03687

DSC03646 DSC03662

The event was very well organized—over 100 people in attendance, with plenty of crackers, homemade frosting, candy, etc. to go around!  DSC03660

Jade was very concentrated on decorating…

DSC03649 DSC03651 DSC03650

And sneaking frosting.

DSC03653 DSC03654 DSC03693

Nora and Jade worked long and hard until their masterpieces were complete!

DSC03645 DSC03692

DSC03698  DSC03695

Ridge, on the other hand…

DSC03663

Walked around like he owned the place, exploring between tables and picking up the candy that had fallen on the floor along the way.

DSC03690 DSC03689

Then a visitor appeared. 

DSC03665 DSC03669

Before the party I told Jade Santa would be there.  She replied, “Will it be the real Santa, or just somebody dressed up like Santa?”  Then when he came in she told me, “I don’t want to go see him.  It is not Santa, it is Harold.”  His name is actually Darreld, but she had heard wrong.  I convinced her to get in line by telling her he probably had something for her.  As we were waiting she told me, “He’s not the real Santa, so I’m not going to tell him what I want.”  I felt really guilty as I did this, but I made up a nice lie that he is probably Santa’s helper.  Santa can’t make it to all the Christmas parties, so he has his helpers come and they go back and tell Santa what the kids want for Christmas.  That did the trick.  She sat on his knee and told him what she wants. 

DSC03671 DSC03676 DSC03674DSC03673

Ridge I knew would hate it.  But oh well.  I’m a mean mom and I wanted the obligatory screaming baby on Santa’s knee picture.  Oh, and I got it!!!  It didn’t take long at all.

 DSC03679 DSC03680

DSC03681

At least he liked the candycane Santa gave him.  Really liked it.DSC03685

IMG_3755 DSC03683 IMG_3756

Lastly, as we were leaving, we snapped a couple quick pictures in front of the church Christmas decoration.  Peace.

IMG_3759 IMG_3760

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ha ha ha ha, Jadyn's face as she snuck the frosting is priceless! What a funny girl. I am impressed with her finished product. My boys would never have enough patience to do that so completely! Also, I love Santa w a screaming baby pictures, but Ridge's has to be one of the funniest ones I've seen. He's not just crying. That look is sheer panic! It's hysterical! That may be mean to say, but I laughed out loud at those. Those are golden. What a fun party. Ours is next weekend.....we'll see how it goes. Also, I love your outfit. So much! You are so tiny!

Jim and Kensley said...

This was just too funny! Poor Ridge! It's like he was straight up being abused! and I love all of Jadyn's Sass! She is too funny! and I love that you actually felt guilty about telling her a little white lie, I find nothing wrong with it! and it makes perfect sense! Your outfit was super cute! But I will say, I'm a little disappointed Cody didn't get in on the Gingerbread house making, as I recall he doesn't take that task lightly!

Kay said...

This whole post made me laugh. Love it! I can't believe your baby is walking! THey grow so fast!