I've decided I must get my kicks in early, just in case. Originally I was planning to start as soon as October was here, but this weekend is going to be a busy one and Thursday was pretty open so I decided Jade and I would at least decorate a little earlier.
Then a typhoon hit yesterday. Hmmm... what a perfect opportunity! The three of us stuck inside all day? What better way to spend it than having a day full of Halloween activities?! So I told Jadyn it was a Halloween party all day. She loves anything with the word "party" in it, so it was an automatic hit. We had a super fun day and I'm pretty sure it is safe to say Jadyn is a Halloween-lover too.
We started off with a Halloween-y outfit.
Then came a "monster mouth" snack.
Then we put up decorations and played pass the pumpkin.

With the decorations box, out came Jade's Halloween book. I'm pretty sure my in-laws gave it to her to torture us with the loud, cackling Halloween sounds it makes, buuut truth is the Halloween sounds make my heart oh, so happy! And even more so because Jade loves the book and had it playing all day.

For lunch I fixed Jade a PB&H Jack-O-Lantern sandwich. She doesn't look very happy about it here, but I promise she loved it. What she didn't love was mom making her wait to eat it while we took a picture.

Then we made a treat. You know one of the great things about Halloween? You can make just about anything, add food coloring, and give it a new name and it becomes festive. In this case Lemon Bars become "swamp bars" or "mildew bars." These even got an "eewww they look moldy" from Cody. But that didn't stop him from eating half the pan.While I made dinner, Jade painted a pumpkin.
And the final Halloween item of our typhoon day: a Chicken Broccoli Snake for dinner (click on link for recipe). I was worried Jade might not want to eat it, but she was so excited from the moment she saw it baking in the oven. She started showing me how to slither on the ground like a snake, kept asking when it was going to be done, and she even ate seconds!
Oh, how I love typhoon days!!
5 comments:
I seriously love this. I was a little worried what that giant snake thing was.. and then I saw the recipe and I desperately want to make it myself! I'm so glad you guys had a typhoon day! It was so good to talk to you! Tomorrow I'm decorating for Halloween too!!
What a fun day!!
I love Halloween!!! Looks like you guys had a blast. I so want to make that snake, I think my girls would love it. =)
what a fun day!!! I LOVE your halloween all day party! I may have to do that myself sometime soon!!! So adorable!
You did it again. I will always have fond memories of Cody's fantastic Frankenstein cake. That was absolutely amazing and just the beginning to watching your talent at Halloween. I love everything. I thought my favorite was going to be the "mildew bars" but the snake might take it all. I don't know, but it looks pretty amazing. Dave comes home tomorrow! :)
Post a Comment