1. She loves making cards and giving them away to people. Usually this entails scribbling on a piece of paper, folding it up all crooked, shoving it in an envelope, licking the envelope (I think that is her favorite part), and [attempting] to write the recipient's name on it. Daddy is a frequent recipient of these cards, so she is actually getting pretty good at writing "DAD."
On Sunday, Jade received a birthday party invitation for her friend, Titan. It was perfect timing because it was right after church, she was tired and cranky and on the verge of a meltdown. Little did Titan's mama know of Jade's latest obsession with card giving. To receive a card was like magic. Her mood did a 180 and she was beyond excited. She opened it immediately and "read" it to me: "Dear Jadyn. You are my BEST friend. I love you. Come to my birthday party. Love, Titan." Pretty sure all birthday party invites should be so lovey.
2. Everything is to the extreme. Jade is always telling me (with emphasis) she is the strongest, fastest, biggest, or she is SUPER high on the swing. Whenever she talks about a friend, that friend is always her best friend.
3. Friends and making plans are at the top of Jade's agenda. Everyday she tells me who is supposedly coming over tomorrow. Sometimes it goes like this: "Tomorrow, first I wake up. Then eat breakfast. Then get dressed. Then [insert friend's name: Maleah, Nora, Zoe, Sammy, Lana, etc.] will come over. The plans always include a friend that is apparently coming over. I actually have been trying to be on the ball about planning play dates since she is such a social bug. She LOVES having her friends come over.
4. Jade likes having "parties" and giving "surprises." This usually includes the aforementioned activity of putting cereal into a play dish with a lid and saving it as a "surprise" for her and her play date to eat. OR she will set up plates and spoons and lots of play food for Daddy, Mommy, and herself and divvy out the cereal one piece at a time. Aaaand that's the party. Woot woot!
Inside out day at school.
5. For some reason Jade has taken to ribbons. She loves to tie things (or at least try to tie to things). She has several ribbons and she will attempt to tie them around her stuffed animals as collars or necklaces, the play pot of cereal (to keep the lid on, of course), her own waist, the door to tie it shut, Mommy's hands when she wants something she knows she's not supposed to have, baby doll blankets full of toys (another present/surprise for Daddy or someone else), and whatever else her little mind thinks up.
6. Jade has a collection of treasures (ie. buttons and coins) that she keeps safe in a purse or small cup. She likes to hand them out at the "parties" along with the food or use them to pay the grocery guy, played by yours truly, when playing grocery shopping.
"I want to be FANCY!"
7. If ever I am missing something, I've learned the first place to look is Jade's top drawer. I think she puts it in there for safe keeping a.k.a. as a hiding place from me. She collects items that are special to her in there, and also items she is not supposed to have but wants. In addition to her own collectibles, I have found things like a flash light, my wallet, a pack of gum, lip gloss, candy, a cereal box, the remote, the lid to Cody's chap stick, her Octopus card (public transportation card), little pieces of a muffin, my eye glasses rag, my phone, and I'm sure there's been more.
Last story: One day out of the blue, Jade tells me she wants to visit her cousins, Hannah and Lucy. "I want to go to their house," she says. I tell her that would be really fun and that I do too, but they live far away in Maryland. Jade: "Far away? Is it two airplane rides?" Me: "Yes, it is two airplane rides, maybe even three." Jade: "That's okay. I want to go on three airplane rides." Me: "Well, we can't because it costs a lot of money and we already spent all our money going to Utah." Jade runs into her room and comes back with her hand out with three coins in it. Jade: "Look! Here is three monies for three airplane rides so I can go there."
2 comments:
Love the story of the 3 coins to go on the 3 airplane rides to visit her cousins, so sweet! My kids feel the same way about seeing their cousins and we're on the same continent again, just opposite sides- ugh! It's hard being far from family.
Oh, I'm totally laughing! Those are priceless stories Nicole. I love them all, especially the last one. Why can't life be that simple that it just takes three "monies" to take three plane rides to Maryland? If that were the case, I'd be hauling all of my kids over there to see you. Every weekend. Speaking of, we still have Jadyn's red flower. I guess we'll just have to get together again sometime. How are you feeling?
Post a Comment