Thursday, May 19, 2011

The First Days

You want to know a difficult task? Sorting through 600+ pictures to concisely share my parents' experience in Hong Kong. It doesn't help that blogger sucks when it comes to uploading pictures (can I get an amen?!). I'll have to document their trip in batches or nothing will get posted for weeks!

Thursday: Arrival Day

My parents' first experience with the massive amounts of people in Hong Kong: waiting in line at immigration.
Eating dim sum at our favorite dim sum place.
Riding the tram home.
Jet lag setting in on the tram ride home. What a little cutie, eh?!

Saturday: South Island

Marble Street Market in our neighborhood. [I have to note here that the first thing my mom said when she stepped off the bus from the airport to our neighborhood was (said with dismay): "this is where you live?" Apparently she was expecting something a little more... classy? and suburban/rural?]



Here I am no longer hiding the pregnant belly. Am I disgusted that I'm so fat showing so much this early on? Yes, yes I am.

Tin Hau Temple in Stanley.
Lunch in Stanley Market before doing a little shopping.
Hanging out at the harbor in Stanley.
From Stanley we took a mini bus to Aberdeen. These things whip around the curvy mountainside as if they were race cars. The ride scared my mom silly; she was laughing so hard she had tears. Later she said the ride was more of a thrill than any ride at Disneyland.

Trying to bargain (only somewhat successfully) for a cheap tour of the floating village in Aberdeen.

Sampan ride through Aberdeen floating village. I've always thought I looked more like my dad, but my mom and I look SO much alike in this picture.

Jumbo Floating Restaurant.
Jade was getting a bit cranky at this point and didn't want her picture taken anymore.

Monday: New Territories

Yuen Yuen Institute.






By the distance between them in this picture, isn't it obvious how everyone feels about each other ... or maybe just how hot and humid it was? Awkward or not, I still like it. :)

Can you figure out how old my parents are? According to their Chinese zodiacs, my dad is a monkey (slightly telling? ;) )and my mom is a rooster.
Walled Village



Crystal Jade: my favorite place for wonton noodle soup. (picture photographed by Jadyn)

4 comments:

Tara said...

Nicole! Congratulations on your pregnancy and a boy no less!! So happy for you and your family. Looks like you had a great time with your parents. Its so nice to have visitors, isn't it?!

Tawnya said...

You seriously have some of the most amazing experiences! and you are barely showing!! I show that much when I am like two weeks along. You look great!

Jen Reil said...

Your baby belly is adorable! I'm due 2 days after you, but my belly is about 15 times bigger- ugh!

Kay said...

The line of "you live here"? is going to be making me laugh for awhile. and Palease you are hardly showing and look fabulous! (Remember it all pops out a lot faster the second time!)