Tuesday: Hong Kong Island and Tsim Sha Tsui (TST)
Big Bus Tour of Hong Kong Island.
Avenue of the Stars: Bruce Lee.
There was no prompting in either of the below poses.
Wednesday: Shatin
Hong Kong LDS Temple. I absolutely loved going to the temple with my parents! We had such a special experience sitting in the Celestial room together. I am so thrilled to know that if we are righteous and keep our covenants, we will be together forever as a family.
I really wanted a picture of the three of us, so I asked the first passerby we saw to take one. I pointed to the building I wanted in the picture, but I was doubtful of his understanding. Sure enough, this is the photo we received. It makes me smile every time I look at it.10,000 Buddhas Monastery.
Hanging Duck. We decided to get takeout for dinner. Nothing like a genuine Chinese meal.
Hanging Duck = là dùzi (辣肚子)
là dùzi + Squatter = Authentic Chinese Experience
Some of you will get my drift.
Thursday: Lantau
Ngong Ping 360 gondola to Tian Tan Buddha.
Tian Tan Buddha.
...the Giant Buddha.
No pictures, but this night we had dinner at Din Tai Fung, a world famous, Michelin rated, Taiwanese dumpling restaurant (most famous for their delicious xiaolongbao--small steamed soup dumplings). I have been craving the spicy dumplings my dad ordered ever since! When I was pregnant with Jade, I remember craving KFC mashed potatoes and biscuits. What a difference!TST Light Show.

Friday: Lamma Island and The Peak
Lamma Island.




The Peak.

My parents left late Friday evening. My dad, with his beautiful voice, sang Jadyn to sleep that night as my mom and I sat by listening. The moment was so tender I may have shed a couple tears. I absolutely loved every minute they were here. It was so fun to show them where and how we live, but even more, it was touching to see how much Jadyn latched on to them. They talk every week on skype, so she of course knows them, but I wondered how she would be in person. She adored them, to say the least. Even now she still talks about them all the time and is anxiously awaiting our trip to Utah in July. Thank you Mom and Dad for coming! It means so much to me that you would come all that way to see us. We love you so much!
4 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful time! I'd love to get details on some of the places you went. My parents are coming in a couple weeks and I am struggling to figure out where to take them every day. I guess I've been here too long. :)
What instant memories! I laughed over you guys and your hanging duck experience - sure glad I was fine. Are you sure it wasn't more like 800 stairs to big budda? Great fun, great experiences, and great kids to hang out with! Loved being with you all!!
Yeah, took a week to recover from jet lag, two weeks to recover from the duck laxative.
It was a lot of fun, now that I've had time to catch my breath. Nicole had us running nonstop every day. Can't wait to see you in July.
Nicole I'm so glad your parents were finally able to come out there and see you and where you have been living for the past 10 years (wait, has it not been that long? Weird.....). I love the pictures of your mom that totally and completely look like pictures of you. And by that I mean, your mom's "I'm eating this" pose she does is the same exact "I'm eating this" pose you do for pictures in which you are eating. Fantastic.
Post a Comment