Last week he had several of his top managers fly in from Hong Kong and Shanghai to discuss Taiwan's elevator market. The GM in Taiwan made it clear Cody was in charge and would be hosting the out-of-town guests. The week before their arrival, Cody worked long hours, getting home sometime after 9 or 11 every night. Remember, Cody also has to get up early for seminary each morning. Needless to say, sleep was just shy of non-existent. I believe this caused an immune system shut down, resulting in him catching a flu virus. He ended up sick in bed all day Tuesday (the day before his birthday, with a guy from Shanghai already in town). Cody went back to work on Wednesday, now with his manager from Hong Kong also in town.
He ended up getting home after 10, because of last minute preparations for the presentation he was to give to two of the upper-level managers from HK arriving the next day. He was exhausted, and still not feeling well. I had made him a cake even though we had already agreed to celebrate his birthday on Saturday (because everyone should have a cake on their birthday), and he had presents and packages waiting for him!! But when he got home he was so sick and tired, literally, he went straight to bed. I felt sooo sad his birthday was not a special day! If I had a birthday like that, I would be complaining about it for years. Cody's a much better person than I am.We ended up having cake and ice cream and opening the packages the next night.

Then Saturday the Balla's were nice enough to watch Jadyn so we could go to dinner. As we were holding hands I made the comment, "your hands are so soft." Cody replied, "so are yours." Hmmm. I thought about it for a minute. "Maybe they are always this way, we just wouldn't know because we don't get to hold hands anymore." (one of us is either pushing a stroller or holding Jadyn's hand.) Then after dinner, Cody really wanted to get a massage. I'm not one that usually enjoys getting a massage, but after a week (or two weeks, rather) like his, I figured he could have anything he wanted!
5 comments:
His cake is so cool! I hope he feels completely better soon.
That stinks! Spencer's birthday stunk this year too! Lance had the stomach flu and kind of interrupted all of our plans, so we basically sat around catching his vomit and waiting for him to pee all night! Boys get over things like that easier than us girls! That cake you make is amazing though and I love reading about all of your fun adventures over there!
Wow, what a birthday. I would complain about it forever too! Happy birthday thought cody!
That cake looks awesome! You are the best wife....he is a super lucky guy!
I have been waiting to see how you guys celebrated Cody's Birthday. I am sorry to hear that it was such a bust! But hey the cake is AWESOME!
Are you counting down the days until your trip?
Post a Comment