We went to the jade and flower market, intending to buy orchids, but came home with bamboo instead (it fits our color scheme better).

I've intermittently been working on our 2008 taxes. I had to wait until we had been here a year so we could claim the foreign earned income exclusion. This is really where I've been spending my "free" time. Now they are in the mail, so I can get back to more fun things, like updating the blog. This picture reminds me of what my desk looked like when I was an auditor. A messy desk makes me feel like I'm working hard and engulfed in my work.We went up to Yangmingshan to escape the heat with the Robinson's.
In fact, we've been spending a lot of time with the Robinson's. They live just a few blocks down the street from us, so we meet up at the park quite often. We also started going to dinner with them on Saturday nights.
Cody and I tend to eat out every Saturday (my night off, you know) and we usually try to find some place new to try. The Robinson's are pretty game, so we love to find new places together now. This is one of those nights--Jadyn loved holding Lizzy's hand as we walked to and from the Vietnamese restaurant. She even started crying when it was time to leave.
We've done some cleaning, eating, and churchin'.

We went to ShihLin Night Market for a girls night out and had a ladies' lunch for Lydia's birthday.
Cody received a new church calling as the new early morning seminary teacher. This means he is up at 5 a.m., leaves just after 6 a.m., heads to work right after class, is home around 7:30 p.m. on a good day (that didn't happen this week--I don't think he saw Jade for three or four days), eats some dinner, hits the books for the next day's lesson, and tries to be in bed by 11 p.m. so he can do it all again the next day!
Jade has her first beautiful new cousin on the Rowland side! On September 20th, Cody's brother, Casey, and his wife, Winter, had their first baby: Paisley Kate Rowland. She is soooo darling! I can't wait to see her in person, so I can hold and kiss her!!!
5 comments:
Welcome to early morning seminary! Spence did that in California for 2 years. It is tough, but he absolutely LOVED it! Good luck Cody I am sure you will be awesome, and good like Nicole, that is a long day for you. Your pictures are so dang cute, it looks like you guys are having a blast over there!
Jadyn is getting so grown up! I can't believe her sweet curly hair. Seminary teacher? That's so cool! He'll be great at it! I'm so glad yall are doing well and have good friends to enjoy life with!
I love the desk photo. Makes you kinda miss it, doesn't it? You're missing your 10-key! :) PS. I'm sorry I haven't called you yet! I'm a bad friend! After the baptisms Eric was home for a week before he left for Texas for a month and took the laptop with the camera. I got one, though, but then left to visit him. I'll plan to call this week :)
Yikes, his schedule is busy! That stinks. Sorry I haven't written to you in a bit, things have been busy traveling, teaching, etc. I hope to cross paths with you at some point, if you're up for it!
All of that looks like so much fun. And I'm so happy you're doing fun things. But man oh man does it make me jealous. I hate reading about your adventures because it should be US! Silly, I know, but I just want to fast forward 5 years to where we're neighbors and we hang out all day while the husbands are at work and we all play scrabble together at night and take turns making dinner. It'll be so great. oh well, I'm glad you have friends and are having fun in the mean time.
Post a Comment