Friday, July 24, 2009

A Splash of Color: The Sequel

Jadyn's room is [FINALLY!] done! I [FINALLY!] finished decorating last week. This little project was so much fun. It was a great way for me to spend Jadyn's nap time. I really loved sewing again after a seven year hiatus. I feel like my sewing skills are slowly coming back.

These pictures were taken the day we (my good friend, Michelle, and I) started the project: March 6, 2009. Remember the rules: no nails and no paint.

That day we hung the dots and the "clothes line." Later we tried to find fabric, but the color combination I used seems to be so rare! After a few trips to the fabric market, I finally found a print in the exact colors I wanted. I designed a piece quilt (my first one ever!) to be a blanket and bumper in one, because (let's be honest) I'm too cheap, lazy, and impatient to make both. It is mostly for decoration right now anyway, and I think it will be big enough to use on a "big girl" bed later. Then I made a matching valance and some pillows. Wah-lah. Jadyn's room.



12 comments:

Allyson said...

SOOO cute! I love it! I was just thinking about how to decorate Tommy's room! You are so talented girl!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness I'm so impressed. That is beautiful. I really love that quilt - those colors are to die for! Great job. You are so good at stuff like that. You're like my little Martha Stewart friend. Always making me feel inadequate! :)

simmons said...

WOW!!! IT is seriously fabulous! I love the colors and the quilt is just AMAZING! How about you come and decorate Mack's room! It would be a great time!

Oh and I was thinking I should send you a picture of Mack so you can put it on Jadyn's picture line! (I'm so funny!)

Enjoy your fun visitors!

Katie said...

Very cute! you are very creative!

Tawnya said...

SSOOOOO CUTE! Love it!

Michael Vatcher said...

It turned out sooooooo good!!!!! I love it! I wish I could have been there to help you finish it too!

The Reimers Family said...

So stinking cute! You did such a good job!

Tiffany said...

You put me to shame. It is absolutely beautiful Nicole and of course well thought out and executed. I love the colors and I love the fabric you used for the crib. Paisley, right? It's soooo cute. And I love the all of the circles on the wall. How did you think of that? Such a creative way to decorate without nails or paint. Little Jadyn is a stylin' baby.

Ras Family said...

Wow, sooo cute! You're so creative!

Nicole said...

You're amazing, Nicole! I love it and you can totally use it when she gets older too!! Hope you're having TONZ of fun with your in-laws. Having Company is SOOOOOO much fun!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Love it! I am trying to figure out what to do for my little girl room, but I am not as talented as you with interior decor! SOo cute! I love it!

Lynsee said...

It looks so good! I love the colors!I just finished Bryn's room too. A little late, but she just started sleeping in it so it was just in time!