Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Burst of Jadyn

I don't get around to blogging much lately. Hopefully I can get a hang of the mother thing and start being part of the world again soon. :) It is amazing how much time this little girl takes. She just loves to be held a little too much. It seems most days go like this:

Our little princess wakes up sometime between 4:30 and 7:00 a.m. and is wide awake (yes, we have a morning person in the family-- I have no idea where those genes came from!! Grandma Lemon???) Jadyn demands to eat immediately, then she wants to play. So we have play time: peek-a-boo, sing songs, follow the rattle, tummy time, etc. After a while Jadyn starts to lose interest and get cranky, so I have to cuddle her and rock her to sleep. If I'm lucky, I can put her down and get something to eat, and maybe, just maybe, get a shower. But more often than not, it is no longer than a minute after she is put down that she wakes up and starts screaming until she is held and cuddled again! I have been told many times and read in many places that you cannot spoil a newborn. I just keep telling myself this every time I fly to her every beck and call. Anyway, as I am sure you well know, babies eat about every three hours, so the above routine is basically a cycle that repeats every three hours or so... all day long. Like right now, Jadyn is sleeping on my lap while I type this because as soon as I laid her down for her nap, she was wide awake and crying for me to come back! Funny girl. Good thing I love her so much... it just makes it hard to get anything done! :)

The other day I mentioned how behind I am on the blog to my good friend, Shannon. I told her I have a ton of pictures, so she suggested I just name the post with the above title and put all the pictures in it. So, here you are. A big, long slide show of Jadyn's first month of life. Enjoy... I'm sure at least the grandparents will. :)

7 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Just hang in there, Nicole, you're doing great!! Life doesn't slow down, but it gets better! I noticed our girls have a couple of matching outfits, how sweet!

Alison Hixson said...

Hi, I remember those days a little too well! I always told myself I would never be one of those people that recommend books, but seriously. You should read Babywise. I am not even kidding when I say that it saved my sanity!! It just helps bring some routine and calmness to the baby! Anyway, the pictures are adorable! I need your address so I can send your baby gift to you! Take care and good luck!!
Love, Alison

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Oh she is so precious. How long will you guys be in PHX? We want to come see you before you leave!

Anonymous said...

Nicole,

She is so beautiful!!! She is already a fashionist baby....hehehe. I'm glad to see more pictures posted, I've been anxiously checking your blog for those updates....hehehehe. Your doing and as time goes by, you'll be an expert!!

Anonymous said...

your doing great, is what I meant to say!!

Jen Petty said...

Jadyn is sooo cute! I second the babywise suggestion. We did it with Elia, and she was sleeping through the night by 3 months. We didn't do it with Ethan and he started sleeping through the night at 9 months! Good luck with everything. Happy parenthood.

Tawnya said...

Yay Nicole, She is so beautiful. I am so happy for you. Congratulations.