Sunday, August 12, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

About a week ago, I was in Las Vegas for some training for work. This time I was training on how to account for and audit construction and real estate companies. Real exciting stuff... I am sure many of you are thinking, "Boy, I wish I could have been there for that." The first two days were real eye droopers. It was especially difficult staying awake because I was exhausted from my busy weekend in Utah. Although I will not bore you with the details of the training, I will bore you with some of the fun things I saw while I was in Vegas. I didn't pull out the camera very often, so I will show the few pictures that I have.

This is the white tiger at MGM Grand. They have him in this little glass display. The poor thing looked so bored--he just sat in the same place yawning the whole time we were there. He doesn't seem to have much play area. I guess it doesn't matter because he makes a good attraction... right?! I hope he has a better cage when he is not at work (just like the rest of us).


Vegas is better at night... I heard that phrase several times while I was there, so I thought I better get a few pictures of it at night then. This is Paris. I'm pretty sure that is what the hotel is called. Someone made the comment, "why go all the way to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower when you can see it right here?" Hmmm...let's think about that... what??? A friend of mine also said her parents liked the gondola ride down the Grand Canal at the Venitian better than the one actually in Venice!! Crazy people! I guess I shouldn't say that because I have never been to France or Italy, but I am pretty sure I would like it better than Vegas!!!

Speaking of the Venitian... we went there for dinner one night and I saw my favorite thing about Vegas. I went to Vegas with a few of my best girlfriends one year for spring break and I remember spending several minutes watching the "live" statue at the Venitian. I thought it was so funny! The "statue" looked so real, but then right before you would take the picture, he would do something funny. This time it wasn't as entertaining, but I still got a kick out of getting my picture with him.

I couldn't find a picture with the statue from the trip a few years ago (we were probably too cheap to tip him at that time), but here is a different one from that trip:

Pretty funny... does that throw you back, girls? I think that was over five years ago now!! Wow!

This last one was a fun experience. I really wanted to see the Belagio fountains, so after dinner one night, we booked it (literally) to the Belagio. We thought we had to be there by 9 p.m. because we thought the fountains only went off every hour. We stepped into the Belagio at exactly 9:00, could see the fountains going off, but couldn't get down to them fast enough (they don't run for very long). We were so disappointed, but then we found out they actually go off every 15 minutes! We were both relieved and upset about that! But I still thought the run was worth it. Here is a little tid bit of what we saw (this one's for you, Kensley--I know how much you love the fountains):

4 comments:

Jake said...

C'mon Nicole, where are the pictures of what you REALLY did in Vegas? Ha ha, just kidding...you're the only person I know that even Sin City could never get to!

Shannon said...

Very fun. Although I'm kinda' disappointed you didn't show any pictures of the blisters. I think the belagio pictures would have been more impressive with an example of the sacrifice it took to get there. :)

Anonymous said...

The Belagio is probably the only thing I liked about being in Vegas! When I was there they choreographed it to Singin in the Rain. I loved it!!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Hey guys! Sorry we have missed each other lately, we hope you enjoyed your anniversary weekend! I can't believe I haven't seen your blog before now! We need to go to Oregano's again...we have been craving that place!
http://erikaandtyhanks.blogspot.com