Saturday, July 14, 2007
Nicole's Travelogue
I just got back from being in Maryland for a couple days. I had to go there for some training for work. We (I went with two other people from work) were staying about ten miles from Washington D.C. (although it took us between 30 to 40 minutes to actually get there...not counting the time we spent getting lost). Monday and Tuesday we went site seeing in D.C. and then we flew back last night.
On Monday I tried crab cakes and Tilapia for the first time at a restaurant right on Washington Harbour. It was quite tasty and we had a great view. Then we went to see the Lincoln Memorial, WW II Memorial, and Washington Monument. On Tuesday we just missed getting in to see the Arlington National Cemetery, so we made our way over to The White House and walked from there down through The National Mall to the U.S. Capitol.
All I have to say is D.C. is amazing! It is much different than I imagined. Everything is so close together--I didn't realize The White House is right in the middle of everything. We were shocked it was so close to all the other buildings! There are so many awesome buildings, amazing architecture, and neat history within just a few blocks. I think seeing the Lincoln Memorial was my favorite part of the trip. I just loved being there in the presence of that remarkable statue.
Posted by
Nicole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment