Thursday, June 28, 2007

Three Cakes and Twenty Pounds Later...

These past couple weeks have been good ones. Some people in our ward started FHE for the young couples. We're going to have it every week during the summer. There were between seven and ten couples there the past couple weeks. It was a lot of fun!

Last weekend we went to Gameworks (a big arcade) with some friends to use some game points Nicole got from work. We had forgotten how much fun an arcade could be. I found out I still have the magic touch when it comes to "Double Shot." I also realized I could have had a lot more fun if Nicole and Celeste hadn't blown all our free points trying to win tickets! They ended up getting a couple $.50 boxes of dominos. (The card had $75 on it; just think, if we went to All-A-Dollar, we could have bought 150 of those stupid dominos boxes. Nicole claims it's more fun to win something than to buy it. I still think it would have been more fun to waste the points on Dance Dance Revolution.)

This was Nicole's last week of cake decorating class.
We are both a little bummed it is over, but we're sure our bodies will thank us when we stop eating cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.


(Flower cake for neighbors)







(Clown cake for class)



It's a good thing we still haven't purchased a scale; neither one of us want to know how much we weigh.


(Final class project)










It's barely the first week of summer and temperatures are above 110 every day! We are starting to realize we are in for a long summer.

I have mid-terms coming up next week and I'm still doing research everyday. I also spend around two hours a day working on finding a job; add these on top of class and not much time is left for homework. Life will be much better in a week and a half when mid-terms are over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cakes!! You are so talented!

Shannon said...

I love your blog you guys! How fun! Nicole I had no idea you were taking a cake decorating class...that's something I've always wanted to do. You'll have to tell me about it (you are so good at it by the way!). I also really like the picture of Cody enjoying your class. Too cute. You both are so much fun and I'm so glad you're in Phoenix! Yay! And Nicole, you are so gorgeous, very photogenic. See y'all lata'.