Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Old People

This weekend we, so sadly (and surprisingly), found out that we are old. We had the privilege :) of chaperoning a church youth dance (14 to 18 yr olds). The turnout was a massive crowd of 15 to 20. The DJ was playing great hits like "Barbie Girl" and "Bye, Bye, Bye," throwing us back to our junior high and high school days. Right at the beginning of the dance Cody heard one of the kids say, "why don't they play something from our century!" As the night went on, it got worse. As I tried to "get jiggy wit it" with the rest of the crowd, I began to realize I really wasn't one of them anymore. But the cherry on top was when one of the girls came up to me and another chaperone and directly called us "old people." Then we started to count how many years it had been since we graduated high school and suddenly "24" started feeling a lot older than it ever had. We consequently spent the rest of the evening in the corner with the other chaperones observing the merriment from a distance.

Boy does time fly! We have already been graduated for six years--so happy sixth to all you who graduated with us. Just for fun here are the top hit songs in 2001:

Top 40 Songs in 2001
Top Songs of 2001

Anyone remember some of those like we do?

Last weekend we also rented our first movie since we moved here, Cody studied a lot, and I found some time to better organize the apartment. This week Cody has been going to school, studying a lot, and doing more research for his Research Assistant position. A few weeks ago, his teacher asked him to be his assistant (even though other students had already requested the position). He gets to do research on Chinese banks and the Shang Hai stock market (Important Note: The mareket is over inflated--wait until the crash to invest). I have been in training at work for new software and audit methodology (bor-ing). Last night I decorated my first cake in my class. I really enjoyed the class!

Cody also really enjoyed the class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really cute, and the bear looks good too. Good to see that Cody and you are starting to have time to do someting besides work and school. Have a good week and don't melt in the Phoenix heat. BTW, Aunt Shelley was here last night and was freezing at 75 degrees. I guess it's all in what you get used to.

Jake said...

Right right cody...stuff your face....I even LOOK at a piece of chocolate cake and I gain 17 pounds....I guess that's what being married is all about...