Monday, April 29, 2013

Rowland Baby #3!!!

Our third child is just over 12 weeks along and due November 10, 2013!  Ridge was born November 4, 2011, so these kids will be two years apart.  I am beyond excited about the spacing! 

I took a pregnancy test about seven weeks ago, and I was lucky enough to get into the doctor a few days later.  Cody was in the States at the time, so I waited until he returned to tell him in person.  Jade drew him a picture of our family to give him when he got home.  Scan0007

Cody looked at it and just started laughing!! Then he went through each person in the picture one by one, asking Jade, “who is this…. who is this… and now who is this?” It was adorable.

We were unsure how far along I was, so the doctor had to do an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. As it turned out, the first doctor appointment was only at five weeks, so we couldn’t see the baby or hear the heartbeat.  Though the doctor assured me that was normal, it still made me nervous as I’ve never been in early enough for that to happen.  She had me come back ten days later to double check the accuracy of the due date and see the baby.  I was amazed in that short amount of time, the baby had already grown to be visible and we could hear the heartbeat beautifully.  Tears welled up knowing I indeed would be having another baby!   45171_ROWLAND NICOLE_20130322_135335_0002

110be668

My next appointment was today, for the 12 week check up.  I wanted to wait until after to make the big announcement (though our families have known for weeks).  The baby looked great!  Everything is developing as it should; our baby is healthy and beautiful!  I find it incredible how much the baby has grown and developed in just a month!  cf8cb9a7

45171_ROWLAND NICOLE_20130429_163040_0000

45171_ROWLAND NICOLE_20130429_163040_0004

45171_ROWLAND NICOLE_20130429_163040_0007

45171_ROWLAND NICOLE_20130429_163040_0009

The baby was moving around a ton and waving to us the entire ultrasound.  Too cute!  45171_ROWLAND NICOLE_20130429_163040_0012

This is a frontal view of the face.  Looks like our little alien baby is waving to us! 45171_ROWLAND NICOLE_20130429_163040_0019

8 comments:

Brenda said...

The pictures make this pregnancy so very real. Unbelievable how perfect the little features are already. Another beautiful Rowland baby!!!

Shannon said...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you guys!!! I'm impressed Jadyn kept the secret for so long. We didn't tell our boys until we were about 14 weeks, and they proceeded to tell 9 people just that first day. They are not great at keeping secrets. I love her picture. She is such a great artist! I can't wait to find out what you're having! Yippee!

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

Ahhhhhhh!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Yay! So exciting! How are you feeling this pregnancy?

Nicole said...

Congratulations! You and Cody have darling kids! Hope you have an easy pregnancy!

Jim and Kensley said...

I've been waiting for this! Yay!! I can't wait for this baby!!

Kay said...

So excited for you and glad to hear the baby looks great! Hope you are feeling great too!

Katie said...

congratulations!!

Tawnya said...

Congratulations Nicole!! I am so excited for you and your family!!