Sunday, October 28, 2012

Why Walk When You Can Ride

Ridge turns one year old a week from today!  He is still not walking.  This is strange for me because Jade was walking at 10 months, but Ridge doesn’t seem interested.  When we try practicing by holding his hands as he walks, he simply lifts up his feet until we let him down.  He wants control of where he is going.  I think I’d be more okay with him not walking if it meant by being less mobile, he was less capable.  Capable of trouble that is.  It doesn’t mean that at all.  He still manages to un-proof my attempts at baby proofing.  He still climbs up and into things I wish he couldn’t. 

IMG_3198IMG_3199IMG_3200

IMG_3077IMG_3075IMG_3073

IMG_3009IMG_3010IMG_3014

Hmmmm… funny I just noticed Ridge is halfway between pajamas and dressed in these pictures.  He does wear clothes sometimes, I swear!

I only think it is fair if he can climb, we also get the benefits of walking.  No eating things off the floor (at least not as much), no nasty black hands, feet, and knees from the park… you know, stuff like that. 

A skill Ridge has learned is riding the princess car.  He can get on and off, and even scoot around by himself.  I guess he thinks he doesn’t need to walk if he can get around on such a masculine ride! 

No comments: