Monday, October 29, 2012

Simple Birthday

Cody’s birthday was on the 21st.  We returned home from Bali, Indonesia (more on that later) around midnight the night/morning before, so we had a simple celebration at home that day.  Jade and I made sure Cody got a nice Sunday nap while we prepared for his “party.”  I told her we needed to get everything ready for the birthday party, so she promptly changed into some fancy party clothes.  She made him a card and decorated his wrapping paper.  We made Cody’s favorite meal for dinner: Butter Chicken, Naan, and Samosas.

IMG_2861 IMG_2866

Ending with his favorite cake, of course: chocolate with chocolate frosting.  The cake decoration had to be simple as we didn’t have much prep time.  Cody loved it anyway.  With a big smile on his face, he told me, “I love Halloween cakes.”  It’s tradition. 

IMG_2854 IMG_2857

DSC03456DSC03458DSC03459

Three candles: one for each decade, because we hate eating wax on our cake. :)

 DSC03453 

DSC03452

We love our daddy so much!!!

3 comments:

Jen Reil said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Cody!

Jim and Kensley said...

So cute! Jadyn really has such a funny personalilty!! Her fancy party clothes are very fancy! I can't believe Cody is already 30! that is insane to me! And your "simple" cake is far more complex than any of my cakes! You are lucky if you get sprinkles! Haha and that last picture of Ridge, I'm dying! So cute!

Ras Family said...

You are so good! That's quite the dinner & cake to just "whip up"! You're so talented!