Friday, October 1, 2010

One Last Adventure

Before we had to start packing, and the rest of the dreadful moving process, we rented a car and took a road trip to Taroko Gorge. It was the last place on our "must see" list for Taiwan. We spent a full day driving through the Gorge, stopping wherever we felt. Taroko is an incredibly beautiful place. For me it brought all the traditional Chinese paintings to life.

Taroko Gorge Entrance


Eternal Spring Shrine


Cody had been here before, but never on the actual shrine, so this was a big deal.



Swallow Grotto



Tunnel of Nine Turns

Mandatory helmets because of rock fall.

Honestly, I don't think those helmets are going to help much if one of these big boulders come toppling down.


Motherly Devotion Bridge
I thought this bridge was so cool. As you can see, it is tiled with marble! It is not everyday you go hiking through the mountains on a marble path! What's even more cool is the marble was taken from the ravine right below the bridge ('Let's just take some of this, and put it right here. No big deal').

The bridge is pretty good for showing fatherly devotion too.


Siangde Temple

Jade found this little platform and climbed right up and started dancing and singing as if it were her stage. Where did she come up with that?!

Someone drew a little attention to herself along the way... She got really good at posing. We'd just say, "hey, Jadyn, they want to take a picture of you," and she would turn around and give her big cheeser grin.


Jiqi Beach
The last day of our trip we spent at a beach about 40 minutes south of Taroko.

I did what I do best: just sit back and relax...

Cody preferred riding the waves...

And Jadyn? Well, she liked playing in the water spout.


There are a ton more pictures from the trip, so if you are interested in seeing them (Paul and Kensley), click here.

3 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Oh my funny-ness! I love that people wanted to take pictures with her! Those pictures of the scenery are incredible. So pretty.

Kay said...

Glad you made it. Taroko is soooo beautiful. I will miss our annual trek!

Karen said...

How fun!!! Those are some really pretty pictures! What a beautiful place, wow! I'm so glad you guys were able to go. =)