
We woke up Saturday to clear blue skies, scratched our indoor plans, and hopped on a boat to Cheung Chau, one of Hong Kong's outlying islands. I think this little island was the breath of fresh air Cody and I were needing. The whole time we were there, we kept asking ourselves, "why aren't we living here instead of Hong Kong island?" With a population of 23,000 and no cars allowed, Cheung Chau felt like a relaxed and slow-paced haven compared to bustling Hong Kong island. It was definitely a nice break away from the big city.
After we disembarked the ferry, we started our walk along the waterfront by the junk shipyard.
We made our way through the shops and restaurants to Pak Tai Temple.
I thought it was funny the temple courtyard was literally a court. Jadyn immediately invited herself to join in the local children's play.
Then we strolled through the quaint streets and neighborhoods.
We walked our way through to the other side of the island (that is how small it is) and enjoyed the beach view.
Then we took an easy hike up the mountain to enjoy the scenery.
Jadyn did good for her first day trip with no stroller. We had to give her shoulder back rides a few times, and then she fell asleep on Cody's shoulder on the way to dinner [below], but I was so proud of her for all the walking she did that day!
We made our way back down in time for the sunset and a really yummy seafood dinner on the harbor. Even Jade liked the scallops and shrimp.
To see even more pictures from Cheung Chau, click here.
3 comments:
Wow Nicole, it is like you are on a different planet from me. It is just beautiful!
I am so happy you had a sunny day to do all that fun stuff! Looks like you guys are having such a great time. Two things to say about this post: 1. I love that Jadyn fell asleep on Cody! That's amazing. David would never in a million years do that. What a precious little girl. And 2. I love love love love love the pictures of you both eating food. It made me laugh when I saw Cody with his tiny little bite and you with two huge pieces. SO true to form, and it made me smile to know that you're still that food loving girl I love, even from half the world away. There are so many reasons we are best friends, and I just laugh that food (and lots of it) is one of those things we love together. I'm so happy you're in HK and it is going so well. Just don't fall in love with it so much that you stay there forever.
That looks like so much fun. I'm jealous of the seafood...yummy! What a beautiful day! And good job Jayden for walking so much.
Post a Comment