Grandma and Grandpa also called to wish the little one a good day. That really meant A LOT to me. Even though I can say Jade enjoyed the conversation, she was probably still somewhat indifferent whether they actually called or not. But I was sooo happy they remembered and made the effort ON my girl's special day.
After talking to the g-parents, it was already after 1 p.m.--well past the usual nap time. Jadyn was so exhausted from all the partying, she cuddled right down and went to sleep. I couldn't help but just sit there and soak in the snuggles from my two-year old. Usually at nap or bed time, she'll cuddle for about one song and then say, "I want to lay down in bed," give me a kiss, and I'll put her in her crib. To have her fall asleep on me was such a sweet, sweet moment. I spent the time reminiscing about the two years of her life and how much I really, truly, and deeply love her.
When Jadyn woke up, I asked her, "We have three hours until Daddy gets home. What do you want to do?" She looked up at me and said, "Ummmmm...birthday party?" Haha. Made me smile. She must have had a good time. So then I asked her, "Do you want to go to the park and ride your bicycle?" She said, "No. Scooter." Again I had to laugh, because she sees motor scooters EVERYWHERE as we walk around the neighborhood.
We had a great time at the park. Of course Jadyn likes the slides and playground, but she mostly loves to "wing" (aka swing), and pick up rocks and leaves to carry around.
When it got close to dinner time, we headed home to get ready for our little party with Daddy. Cody and I were both so excited for this night all week. We were finally able to have dinner together as a family and spend the evening watching Jadyn excitedly play with her new toys!
Doesn't the present pile look great? Haha. Let's be honest here. Wrapping paper isn't exactly frequently used by the Chinese nor is it always conveniently sold. I bought a couple rolls thinking it should be enough (because it definitely would have been in the States, right?), but I was very wrong--I needed double that, or more. I was so sick of walking back and forth from stores for the party, that I was NOT going back just for more wrapping paper... so I made do...
I don't think Jadyn minded and I'm pretty confident Cody didn't even notice--and I certainly didn't point it out. Besides it made it easier for Jade to unwrap--especially the plaid "paper"--I have no idea what that stuff was made of, but it would not rip!
I may have said this last year, but I will say it again, because I still feel the same way: I LOVE knowing a person so well that she absolutely LOVES every present we picked for her.
When we have been home, she has not left her new baby alone. Mr. Duck might be getting a little jealous. Although he was back to getting a little bit of love by Sunday.
Saturday we opted to continue celebrating Jade's birthday by taking her to the zoo. It was so much fun to see her get so excited about the animals. The best was her reaction to the monkeys, but we, of course, didn't catch it on video, so you can kind of get an idea from the following videos.
Loved, loved, loved forgetting our chores and "to do" lists for the day and getting out to spend the day with Daddy!!! Needless to say, we were beyond exhausted and the house was STILL a disaster by the end of the night!
4 comments:
What a sweetie pie! I love her little ride along princess train. That's too cute. :) She is such a little girlie girl, I love it! And I love love love that she fell asleep on you. David hasn't even snuggled with me in months. I miss it, so if he ever falls asleep in the car I try my hardest not to wake him just so he'll sleep on me as I take him inside. Ha ha ha. Anyway, back to you. I'm so happy you got to spend Jadyn's birthday with Cody and get some good family time in. I'll bet Jadyn loved this whole week. What a lucky girl. And her reaction to the koala was too cute. It made me laugh out loud. Her personality is so fun. Happy birthday little Jade girl! We love you!
This was such a fun post to read. Jaydn is such a sweetie and I bet getting more and more fun every day. Glad she got her own baby stroller--I know a girl can't live without one of those!
Oh my goodness! I'm just now beginning to think about the boys' party and planning to keep it simple and short. What a special time for a special little girl! You did an awesome job planning her party. I can't believe she's 2!
I love the pic with her little rocks.
Do they not wrap presents over there on holidays?
Post a Comment