Monday, May 25, 2009

Forget Me Not


Sorry if this sounds whiny.

Some days I think about you dear readers (you: my family and friends all over the world... but mostly in the States). And I think about how much I want to talk to you, spend time with you, and laugh with you. But alas, I cannot. And I feel I am slowly losing touch.

Through the years I have met and loved (and still love) many, many people. As we have grown up and started our own families, we have grown apart, mostly by physical distance. We all have friends who we do not see or talk to for months, but when we do, time melts away as if we were never apart. I have really tried to keep in touch through the years, but we all know how that can be sometimes. Regardless, when we moved to Phoenix, I tried to make an effort to make calls to the people I love as often as I could. I REALLY liked talking on the phone and I still felt close to so many people.

Now I don't have a phone. Okay, not entirely true. I have a cell phone, but as you can imagine, it is much too expensive to use for international calls. Then add the 12 to 15 hour time difference from the States. What do you get? Me losing touch. The only time for me to make calls is first thing in the morning. That is the time I am getting Jadyn breakfast and dressed, me showered, and a lot of days (at least lately) we have somewhere to be. Then the morning is passed, afternoon arrives, and my beloved people in the States are all in bed. If I could also receive calls, it would make me stop for a few minutes (or hours--depending on the person :) ) and it wouldn't be so bad.

What about e-mail? Good, but not as personal. Plus I am the worst e-mail-er EVER. If the response does not require a quick yes or no or time to meet, I seem to never get around to it. No matter how much I love and miss the person. That actually makes it worse--I feel I want to take my time and write a long, personal e-mail, and it gets closed for another day, and eventually forgotten. I have e-mails in my inbox from people I hold very dear dating back to July 2007. Now if that isn't ridiculous!!

The point I am trying to make is I'm feeling like I am slipping further and further away from my loved ones. The only people I talk to from "home" are our parents and occasionally a sibling (which I absolutely LOVE, so I am not complaining about that at all). I feel like I am being forgotten as life rushes on for everyone in the States. So here is my plea: please call me. I would love to talk to you! We use Skype for international calls. Do you know what Skype is? It is a software application used to make telephone calls over the Internet. It will even tell you what time it is here. As long as you have a microphone, you can use it--FREE. If you have a web cam it is even better. You can download Skype FREE here: http://skype.com/intl/en/welcomeback/. Then it is FREE to make Skype to Skype calls. Did you catch that? It is completely FREE. If it is possible for you, and you would like to get back in touch, please download it and call me (our user name is liancody). I would love to hear from you.

If you need further instructions, please let me know.

8 comments:

Becca said...

Hey, I just talked to you yesterday! What are you complaining about?! JK I bet it's really hard for you not being able to just call or see anyone anytime, I mean it's hard for me not being able to call or see you anytime! But I love you and I will try and be better and keeping in touch. :) And someday when I have money, a good computer, and a web cam I will skype you all the time! :D

Katie said...

I totally understand how you feel. I feel the same way quite a lot. I don't want to be "out of sight, out of mind". :(

Tammy said...

I would love to talk to you. My brothers both want be to start using skype...so if I get it, I'll give you a call. I do wish that you still lived in Phoenix. That would be so much fun to have you here.

Shannon said...

Oh honey! I'll skype you tonight! Be there! I love you and you will never ever be forgotten. :)

Brent and Emily said...

We have a web cam. It is a MUST when you live away from family. I think our skype name is just brentandemily. Original I know. I would love to talk anytime :)

Shannon said...

I figured you had something like that going on. Sorry we missed eachother. I won't be here tonight because I have mutual, but I think Thursday (Friday morning) I'm good. Let's try again!

Kensley said...

I just want you to know I downloaded skype on my phone so I can talk to you anytime now!! How exciting is that?!

simmons said...

Hello my friend. So I promise I will look into this skype thing asap! I just have to get the month of May over with and then maybe things will slow down!

That little girl is so dang cute! I need her to come and teach Mack some of the amazing things she is doing. (hey maybe they can talk over skype) I look at her and it makes me think he is a little behind.

We love you guys!!!!