Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Reading and Sleeping

I have so many pictures of my kids reading/looking at books! Maybe one day I’ll stop taking pictures when I find them all snuggled up together, but for now I can’t get enough of it.  IMG_0526

IMG_0681

IMG_0439

Ridge particularly likes to cuddle up with Jade, because she can read him the stories.  He loves books and she loves to read, so it makes for a great combination!  Plus, I’m pretty sure Jade’s love language is acts of service and Ridge’s is most definitely physical touch, so we are winning all around!IMG_0519

IMG_0679

During Tanner’s checkup last month, the doctor commented how impressed she was that Ridge sat there looking at book after book the entire time she examined Tanner.  Ridge really does love books!  We visit the library quite regularly.  It doesn’t take him long to get absorbed in his new stack of books when we get home!  IMG_0300

 

In other news, Tanner is so good at falling asleep just about anywhere!  We say he is a mini-Laron because he is so much like my dad, Laron.  Tanner looks like my dad, is built like my dad, likes to sing (like my dad), eats just about anything (like my dad) and—wouldn’t you know—will fall asleep just about anywhere (like my dad)!  I find his sleeping ability pretty funny, but mostly very useful and accommodating.  If you know me, you know I am independent and like to get out and do.  Having my kids the same way is a must.  I like a kid with a good schedule, but there has to be some flexibility.  I absolutely love how adaptable Tanner is!! 

Transferring a sleeping Tanner from the car to the crib is absolutely no problem.  And once he’s out, he’s pretty far gone.  Just yesterday, he went back to sleep after Ridge woke up and slept until 8:30 a.m.!  Now that has never happened before, but I can’t say I’d mind if it happened again.  He was sleeping so soundly, he didn’t even wake up when Ridge went in there to get dressed and subsequently started to play on some very loud toys right in the very same room!  IMG_0375

Tanner sleeps in his stroller during Sunday School and Elder’s Quorum every week.  This kid may not be starting nursery in May, because he’ll be napping through it!  IMG_0362

Too tired to eat dinner?  You guessed it. 

IMG_0453 IMG_0454

Mom’s taking too long at the grocery store?  Not a problem.  IMG_0402

He’s just about through the adjustment phase from two naps to one, but I like that he took cat naps when he felt the need instead of throwing tantrums! One day I was trying to get something done, so I put on a movie for the boys (Tanner has yet to actually sit through a movie—he’s much too busy for that).  Although Tanner was a little cranky, I wasn’t quite ready to put him down for a nap. I try to get the boys down for naps at the same time in the afternoon.  I sat him on the couch with his blanket and he fell right to sleep.  He wasn’t waiting around for me! 

IMG_0504 IMG_0503

Speaking of his blanket, this kid loves his blankets!  All my kids liked their blanket, but Tanner tops them all.  Even if he already has a blanket in his hand, if he sees one in the laundry or in the closet, he points at it and says, “eh, eh” until I will get it for him.  Usually I limit it at two blankets at a time, but I think this week he’s up to four.  This morning he had to take all of them with him when he got out of bed.  Then he also saw his blue lovey, baby doll, and bat (some more of his favorites).  He pointed at each one and made it known he wasn’t leaving any of them behind.  IMG_0683

No comments: