Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Celebrating 10 Years

August 18, 2014 was our 10th anniversary!  Even with some effort, we weren’t able to work it out to have a kid-free getaway.  That’s definitely one of the down sides to not living near family: the trustworthy and willing grandparents are not around to babysit!  Although I was certainly a bit bummed I wasn’t alone with my husband, we still made the most of it and took the whole family down to Jersey Shore for the day.  All the while we kept scheming how to get some time with just the two of us! 
The Shore was packed.  I think that’s simply how it is in the summer. 
IMG_0362 IMG_6595

We really enjoyed our day though.  The boys couldn’t get enough of the sand.  Pretty sure Tanner ate a bucket’s worth! 
IMG_0353 IMG_6515
IMG_6513 IMG_6533
IMG_6539
Jade couldn’t get enough of the water!  She is a little fish! 
IMG_0383 IMG_6528
The cool thing about Jersey Shore is it also has a boardwalk with rides, games, and food.  After hours in the sand and water, we headed to find the rides. 
IMG_6587 IMG_6547
They were typical fair rides, so of course, the kids loved it! 
IMG_0384 IMG_6557 IMG_6561IMG_6578 IMG_6582
IMG_6583
After a dinner on the boardwalk, we fittingly ended the day with an ice cream cone.  Not what I imagined our 10-year anniversary to be like, but I must admit it was a really fun family day!  And I sure do love this family of mine!!  IMG_6591


It didn’t take us long to start planning how we could get a good 24-hour kid-free trip to celebrate our anniversary together, albeit a little bit late.  Fast forward almost three months to November 7th.  My sister, Becca, and her husband, Rhett, were visiting New York City with his parents.  We opted to have our short little getaway then.  That way we could have time away together plus see them!  Win, win!!  We found a couple good friends to watch our kids and we were off! 

The quick weekend in The City was pure bliss.  We were able to go to the temple (a real treat to actually attend together!), eat yummy waffles (a couple times), have a delicious pizza lunch with Becca, Rhett and his cute parents, and see a show.  IMG_8308
Cody and I had been wanting to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway for some time.  Rhett and Becca were so kind to agree to see it with us! 
IMG_8318 IMG_8312
It was a real treat to get to see Becca and Rhett!  I’m so glad his parents shared their time with us.  I only wish it could have been longer! 
IMG_8313 IMG_8314

A lot has happened in this 10 years together.  I will tell you one thing I’ve learned:  Cody is a really, really good man.  Like, genuinely good.  Okay, so I guess I knew that when I married him, but I’ve been able to see firsthand just how good he is.  I have been so very grateful for that time and time again.  I could go on and on about all his amazing qualities, but I won’t.  He would hate that.  He hates the spotlight.  Another of his great qualities.  Let me just say though, he is so perfect for me.  My naïve little 21 year old self could not have imagined just how perfect when I married him!  I know it was by divine design that we met and were married.  I love this man of mine with all my heart.  And now we are both longing for the next getaway together… hopefully it won’t take another 10 years…IMG_8311

No comments: