Thursday, November 8, 2012

More Halloween Food!

Throughout October we ate lots of Halloween-themed foods (see previous post for a couple recipes). I can’t get enough of ‘em. And apparently neither can Jade. Just today she requested her school snack be put in a Halloween bag again. Her age is so fun; she really gets excited about the simplest of creations. A lot of times I’d just add a jack-o-lantern face to a circle (easy-peasy) and her desire to eat escalated. The funniest one was the Sweet potato falafel. She was really excited to eat the faces, she took one bite, and said, “why aren’t these cookies delicious?” Sorry, Girl. Those aren’t cookies.

IMG_2413 IMG_2416

We also had jack-o-lantern chicken quesadillas, grilled ham & cheese, and pancakes.

IMG_2442 IMG_2977

IMG_3064 IMG_3062

For breakfasts we had ghost eggs and “black” velvet bats.

IMG_3069 IMG_3067 IMG_2912

Snacks involved ghost bananas and apple mouths.

IMG_2913 - Copy IMG_3231

To add extra fun to play dates, we had orange and black stove top kettle corn in Halloween bags and Halloween jello from the local bakery.

IMG_3015 IMG_3017

IMG_2881 IMG_2882

On Halloween, lunch consisted of some of the above items, plus soy milk colored orange (Jade loves soy milk).

IMG_3244 IMG_3246

For yet other Halloween dinners, we had witches’ brew in cauldrons (Cream of Broccoli Soup and Homemade chili) and mummy dogs.

IMG_3209 IMG_3233 IMG_3236

For our dinner at a friend’s on Halloween night, I made a monster watermelon. Maybe this shows my maturity, but it gave me great joy to see the 10 year old boys’ excitement over it!

IMG_3249

We had a couple Halloween themed FHE treats, as well. Ice cream witches and the ever classic, delicious dirt with worms, body parts, and make-shift tombstones.

IMG_2936 - Copy IMG_3218

I told you I love Halloween foods. Tell me what kinds you made!!!

3 comments:

Jim and Kensley said...

I can't lie, I'm always super impressed with what you come up with, but this takes the cake!! All of these are AMAZING!! Seriously the creativity is beyond me! I don't blame Jade for requesting a Halloween bag, you set the bar high!

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

Kensley and I always talk about how amazing/crafty/ and fun you are!!! This just solidifies everything! You are the best mom ever! So fun and cute!!

Tawnya said...

You are the cutest ever!