Monday, September 24, 2012

Don’t Wanna Grow Up

Awhile ago Jade told me she wished she could grow up, be a mommy, and be big, etc.  I had to explain to her how much fun it is to be a kid and how she gets to have fun and play all the time, but mommies and daddies have to work.  Now she’s changed her tune and tells me she never wants to grow up and wants to be a kid forever.  I like that.  This way she will enjoy her childhood while she can!!

Here are some of the fun things Jade gets to do as a kid!

Play and be silly with friends.IMG_1504

Have fun in the toy library and check out books at the Hong Kong Central Library.IMG_1849

IMG_1523

She even drew a picture of the library to show that it was on our “to do” list. IMG_1427

Meet daddy for lunch.IMG_1639

Go shopping at the nearby mall.  Pick out “rainbow” shoes for gym days at school.

IMG_1641 IMG_1745 IMG_1744

Choose some “real play make-up” for her little treat from the toy store (we may need some application lessons).

IMG_1651 IMG_1659

Mold, craft, paint, draw, etc.IMG_1697

Take swim lessons (which she LOVES).IMG_1783

The athletics association has a strict no camera policy (I know; I was reprimanded for trying to record on our video camera), so I tried to sneak pictures on my phone.  Parents have to sit in the bleachers away from the pool, so that’s why the photos are such poor quality! 

IMG_1779 IMG_1782

Swing, run, and play at the nearby parks and playgrounds!

IMG_1837

Ridge loves the swing, so much so this time he started to get relaxed and fall asleep!IMG_1831

Don’t we all wish we could be kids forever!!!

No comments: