Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ridge Cody Rowland

Hey Everyone, just a quick post to announce that Ridge was born yesterday, November 4th, at 6 p.m. He was over 9 lbs and 21 inches long. Both Nicole and Ridge are doing great, well, Ridge is doing good and Nicole is doing as good as could be expected. I'll let her share the birth story, but she did not get an epidural and it was pretty painful. Nicole has consistently described Ridge as a great baby, he seems very calm and pleasant, not a lot of crying (yet) and has taken very easy to feeding. Also, we're grateful for all the help we've received from good friends and ward members here in Hong Kong.

Here are some pictures, I'm sure there will be lots more soon. Enjoy.




10 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! He is so cute!!! I'm so sorry that you were in so much pain. I did it natural with Maddie because I missed the window to get the epidural. It hurt! I'm glad your good though, and that Ridge is good and healthy, and a great baby. Have a good recoup, and enjoy the time with him!

Jen Reil said...

Congrats!! So very happy for you! Another handsome addition to your beautiful family!

simmons said...

Congratulations! I know you are super women but really going natural and having a 9 pound baby! WOW!!!! I hope you are doing well. He looks perfect! Can't wait to hear the story!

The Bergeson Family said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear more! YOU GO GIRL - in my book, you will always be my hero! Can't wait to see more pics and hear all the info! He looks perfect!

Jim and Kensley said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE! I seriously am so excited to hear all the awful details, (please) and see this little chunky baby! You are my hero!

ej said...

I love your shirt you are wearing walking into the hospital- stylish to the very end my friend :)
And obviously, I am dying over Ridge. I think we should begin talks of a betrothal. ;)
I want to hear how Jaydn reacted when she met her brother!!!
Congrats guys!

Shannon said...

Tell me you're home already! I want to hear all about it. I know you have to Skype family first, but don't forget about our 4 am feeding date! :)

The Reimers Family said...

Cogratulations!!! He looks a ton like Cody! Can't wait to hear more of Ridge's story!

Anna Heywood said...

Great News! Love the name, Ridge, and am looking forward to the birth story...when you feel up to it. Congratulations!

Alison Hixson said...

Congratulations! He sure looks like a cutie! But what I want to know is how you don't even look like you just went through labor! So not fair! You look awesome!