Friday, April 15, 2011

Jadynisms

This year, right before my birthday, my parents sent me a cute e-mail telling me some things I did when I was little. My mom kept a journal when my siblings and I were kids and it is so fun to hear about the things we use to say and do. Lately Jadyn has kept me laughing as she tries to figure the world out. I love all the little things she says, so I want to follow my mom's good example and document some of them as well.

Jade likes to pull funny faces; for some reason it usually involves posing her hands as well.

She tends to want Daddy and Mommy to get involved too.


I adore the pretend play. A couple weeks ago she reenacted a good portion of her Strawberry Shortcake movie, including when their car brakes go out. Jade went racing down the hallway on her car, screaming the whole time.


When we ask whose turn it is to pray, Jade usually tells us it is hers. She picks out the most random of things from her day/past week/past couple months--or even future things we've mentioned--to add into her prayers. Sometimes I can't help but giggle through it.
Some examples:
J: "Grateful we could brush our teeth and get jammies on..."
J: "Grateful Wall-E is broken and we can't watch it at our apartment."
J: "Grateful we can go to Phuket and play at the beach."
J: "Grateful we can fly on an airplane to Taiwan and go to Erin's house."
J: "Grateful we can go to Zaia and see the clowns."
J: "Grateful the kids took my bike away and I cried and they gave it back."
(BTW they didn't actually take it away, they were playing together and Jade ran off to play on the slide instead and the girl kept pushing the bike without her.)
J: "Bless we be obedient to Jesus and not hit."


N: "This is a messy room!"
J: "Maybe daddy comes. Maybe daddy will help me clean up this mess."
Apparently Cody is a better cleaner than I am.


J: "Who's coming over?"
N: "No one is coming over."
J: "No. Daddy is coming."
N: "I love daddy."
J: "No, I love daddy. You love Grandpa Lemon." *pause* "Grandpa Lemon is your daddy. You love both."


Jade sees an airplane.
J: "Who's on that airplane? Grandpa Lemon is on that airplane. He is coming to see meeeeee!" (All while giggling and jumping up and down.)
Less than two weeks until their visit! Yah yah yah!!!


I was poking holes in potatoes so I could bake them.
J: "Don't sharp Jadyn. Then you won't have a Jadyn anymore."


At FHE
N: "Jadyn, do you take the sacrament?"
J: "Yes."
N: "What do you eat?"
J: "Jesus bread."
N: [Smiling] "And what do you drink?"
J: "Jesus water."


Jade hears Cody pick up his keys just before leaving for work.
J: "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!! Don't leave me. You have to stay here!"


J: "I LOVE being a girl!"
C: "Why do you love being a girl?"
J: "Because I can sing and dance and paint."


Jade loves to dress herself, but needs a little guidance sometimes. I've been telling her about matching, so she usually tries to find things that "match." Like a purple flower shirt with a striped skirt with some purple on it.
J: "See purple, purple."

After her bath the other day, she put on an outfit and came out to show me.
J: "Look, Mom. Black, black." [Pointing to her striped sweater and then her leggings.]
She was trying to match.
N: "Let me take a picture; you look so cute." [Trying to convince her to pose for me. She needed a little more convincing.] "C'mon, you look cute, I want to take a picture of you."
J: "Mommy, you look good in that one." [Me still in my pajamas and my hair in a ponytail. Yeah, right.]


Jadyn was playing with a cute Indian girl at the park one afternoon. The girl took her shoes off, so of course Jadyn followed suit. Pretty soon her feet were all black. When we got home I told her we needed to wash her hands and her feet.
N: I pointed to her feet, "look they are all black."
J: "Like the girl's face."
I didn't quite know what to say.


We have our last name on a hanging in our hallway.
J: [Saying the letters.] "R-O-W-L-A-N-D. That spells... CLOWN!"


Jade woke up earlier than usual and came in trying to get us up.
J: "It's sun time! Time to get up."
[In the past I have told her when it is still dark, it is still time to sleep. That doesn't really work anymore.]
N: "It is summer time so it gets brighter earlier now. Just because the sun is up, that doesn't mean it is time to get up."
J: "It is summer time?"
N: "Yes."
J: "Now we go to the beach?"


Cody and Jadyn were out on a walk.
J: Desperately:"Daddy, I'm hungry. I'm huuungrryyy!"
D: "Okay, let's go home and get some more dinner."
J: "No! I'm hungry! I want ice cream."


I would like to echo my mom's words from her e-mail to me and tell Jadyn, "These are just a few early highlights of your wonderful life. You have brought us so much joy and continue to do so!" We love you and all the funny things you say and do, Jade Girl!

6 comments:

mom said...

Keep writing! I love her sayings. Anxious to hear them in person real soon!! Luv ya!

Tawnya said...

he he he!! Those are so funny!

Jim and Kensley said...

Ok seriously she's the funniest little girl ever!! I love her! I can't wait to see you guys!

Tammy said...

Those are really, really cute. I love the funny things kids say.

The Reimers Family said...

That is exactly why I love being a girl too!! She is so stinking cute. I'm sooo happy that your parents get to come up for a visit. Take lots of pics!!

ej said...

Yes sweet girl! You can fly to Taiwan and come to my house any time!!!!
Miss this spunky little offspring of yours :)