Sunday, February 21, 2010

Through the Eyes of Tourists

The other day I was walking back from getting groceries and realized I was on a street I would like to always remember.

Not because of anything special about that exact street, but because of the way it looks. Because that is how Taiwan looks. An appearance that has become so familiar to me that it is no longer unusual.

Before my sister, Charise, and her husband, Greg, left after their ten-day visit to Taiwan, they let me upload the pictures they took during their trip. I loved looking through them, because they captured exactly those things that are now everyday normal to me but not so much to them.

4 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

That is so fun that you got to spend that time together on your turf! It looks like yall had a good time.

Tawnya said...

Those pictures are just amazing! I think though that I would starve living there. I am kind of picky.

Kay said...

I bet you had so much fun with your sister. Looking at those pictures makes me a little homesick and miss YOU TONS

simmons said...

WOW!!! What a world you are living in! Things that I can't even imagine! What a fun adventure you will always get to remember! I'm glad they made it over and you guys had a good time. Is your mom and dad still looking at coming over? Miss you!